44.18 Lugo, Encarnación Shipped to Brooklyn

GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

shoeless.db
BBA GM

44.18 Lugo, Encarnación Shipped to Brooklyn

Post by shoeless.db » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:22 pm

May 5, 2044 | Mad Popes Record: 10-20, 10GB, 2-4 last sim
Rolio Elder | Apprentice to the Exalted Mystic | Camacho Order #26 | Donkeagle Press

During a recent visit to Walmart, I witnessed a man wearing tighty-whighty underwear on the outside of his tattered Levis. He was carrying a Care Bear doll from the 1980s in one hand and drinking out of a gallon jug of chocolate milk with the other. His teal cowboy boots were decorated with a bright red flower on each side, and his hair was cinched tight in a pony tail despite being mostly bald on the front of his head. The man skipped more than he walked as he passed me in the fishing supply aisle.

And, dear readers, I cannot lie, the man I just described confused me less than the organizationally destructive moves Shoeless orchestrated over the last 24 hours.

Here at the Donkeagle Press, we were beside ourselves when we learned of the Garcia trade, but the recent deal sending infielders Edgardo 'Colonel' Encarnación and Jorge Lugo and first baseman Rafael Mota to the Brooklyn Robins in exchange for two deteriorating, overpaid veterans and three kids who haven't grown a damn hair on their ass has put us over the edge. We're day-drinking, mother-fuckers! At work. Our top unpaid intern, Wasim Jaffar Jr., downed a bottle of cheap brandy and is now up on the roof of our office, cursing to the clouds in his native tongue.

Yet, Shoeless does as Shoeless does.

"We'd like to thank Eddie (Encarnacion), George (Lugo), and Raf (Mota) for their professionalism while wearing a Mad Popes uniform," Shoeless said during an impromptu press conference. "But, we're looking forward to the beautiful blue seas The Right WindTM pushed us towards."

In the trade, Shoeless' wildly destructive team philosophy netted the organization first baseman/DH Fernando Cruz, third baseman and former Crusader Luis Lucero, knuckleball prospect Raj Mahadevan, reliever prospect John Scovell, and 17-year-old outfielder Jiao-long Ma.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 44.18 Lugo, Encarnación Shipped to Brooklyn

Post by HoosierVic » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:33 pm

Mighty handsome boots ... can you put cleats on those?

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 44.18 Lugo, Encarnación Shipped to Brooklyn

Post by RonCo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:59 pm

HoosierVic wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:33 pm
Mighty handsome boots ... can you put cleats on those?
Yes, but they line the inside and point upward.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”