GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

shoeless.db
BBA GM

43.01; Donk and the Re-brand

Post by shoeless.db » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:33 pm

December 16, 2042

"The league is breathing down our necks, guys. Finish the damn logo! Tonight!"

Shoeless ended the call and threw it against the back of his lazy-boy recliner. His marketing team had failed to meet the deadline he set for them of December 1st for California's first ever re-brand, and now they were teetering on missing the league's hard date of January 1. He knew they were close -- he received the latest version of the new logo that morning -- but, the logo was just the starting point as they hadn't even started on the new hats or jerseys yet.

I need a walk, Shoeless thought. He turned to his dog resting on a pet bed in the corner of their efficiency apartment in downtown Sacramento. "Donk, you up for a walk, my boy?

The dog pounced to his feet and darted towards the door.

"I guess you're up for it, huh bud?"

Shoeless hooked a leash to Donk's collar and stepped outside. Their walks around Capital Park was one of the few times Shoeless could think without distractions. He'd grown to love the city of Sacramento. He loved the hipster culture started back in the twenty-teens, when the farm-to-fork movement seeped into the core of the city. He contemplated naming the team after this new trend in the city, but instead opted for a name connecting the team to its past.

"This place deserves to be recognized, and the history of this franchise needs to be recognized, also. Don't you agree, Donk?"

Donk ignored him as dogs do.

"I think this will revitalize the franchise and this city. Damn marketing."

The pair circled around the city blocks, taking the same route they took almost every day. Upon arriving back at their apartment, Shoeless retrieved his phone from the chair. He flicked through his emails and opened the attachment of the email he received from marketing that morning.

I hope they can finish this thing, he thought. I can't wait to unveil it to our fans.

Email Attachment

Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 2043; Donk and the Re-brand

Post by HoosierVic » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:46 pm

The Sacramento Rick Rolls?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”