GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

shoeless.db
BBA GM

42.36 Sept 8, Random Shoeless Thoughts

Post by shoeless.db » Wed May 13, 2020 12:10 pm

Random Shoeless Thoughts
September 8, 2042

1. Well, thanks to a 5-1 week, we've found ourselves seven games up on Hawaii, a.k.a. Ron and Justin's favorite Pacific team. With only 22 games to play, this puts us in the driver's seat to secure the Pacific division. Let's hope I didn't just jinx it.

2. I've been mulling my recent trades:

a. Received 3B Jose Cortes for SP Aurelio Castillo, RP Francisco Concepción, and 2B Xue-qin Man.
---Likely an overpay as I like Castillo and Concepcion an awful lot compared to the value Cortes brings, but, I felt, Cortes is a solid performer at a position of need for us (and he's a captain to boot, which I needed also).

b. Received 2B Edgardo Encarnación and OF Sergio Salazar for SS Daryl Pris, SP John Bartlett, RP Rafael Torres, and RP Kwan-cheol Park.
---I'm extremely excited to bring in a solid bat for the middle infield in Encarnacion. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a +AVG and +OBP speedster. Salazar was a late add-on to the deal. Jacksonville had mentioned their overabundance of outfielders in their system, and we were happy to take "The Chosen One" off their hands. He looks to be a solid +defender, +speed, and decent bat from the right side of the plate. And, unfortunately, he immediately became our number eight prospect, according to OOTP. Salazar will likely need another year in the minors to season. On the flip side of the deal, I hate looking at who I gave up as I was a big fan of all four. Pris is just an impossible guy not to want on the field. His elite infield defense and serviceable bat from the left side should make him a solid contributor for any team he's on. The other three guys were all top relief prospects in our organization. Looks like we'll be drafting another 15 pitchers in the 2043 draft.

c. Received a Tower of Pears for DH Dusty Rhodes.
--- I love Dusty Rhodes, but he just wasn't helping contribute to many wins anymore. Chicago was willing to take him off our books and give him some at bats, so we were happy to oblige. The pears were already browning and one had a bite taken out of it when we received the Tower of Pears, but, I suppose, we should expect nothing less from Chicago's owner, Vance Velocity.

d. Received RP Bill O'Connor, RP Jong-min Min, and RP Bo "Shoeless" Zhai for 3B Hector Ojeda and SP Francisco Estrada.
--- Calgary reached out for the services of Ojeda, and we found a bundle of players to make it work. O'Connor finds himself back with us after an offseason trade where we sent him to Calgary for OF Aires Gonzalez. It's nice to have O'Connor home, especially after sending all our other top relief prospects to Seattle and Jacksonville. But, the highlight of the trade was bringing my family's foreign exchange student from a couple years back, Bo 'Shoeless' Zhai, to the California organization. Bo is a top notch kid with a bright future. If his skills don't develop on the field, he'll definitely find himself working inside the Crusader offices one day.

3. Horrible Simpson smashed six homers in our last three games. If he can remain hot through the end of the season and into the playoffs, we've got a tremendous shot at bringing a Landis back to Sacramento.

4. @Lane called me out on a recent AFBI for being a bit pessimistic about the Crusaders. First off, I'd like to thank Stephen for straightening out my shitty thoughts. Second, the Heartland can go F themselves, because the Pacific is representing the Frick League in the Landis this year. Let's go, bitches!

5. I'm hungry for this (with a Hot n' Tot or a Purple Cow):

Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 42.36 Sept 8, Random Shoeless Thoughts

Post by HoosierVic » Wed May 13, 2020 12:21 pm

shoeless.db wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:10 pm

4. @Lane called me out on a recent AFBI for being a bit pessimistic about the Crusaders. First off, I'd like to thank Stephen for straightening out my shitty thoughts. Second, the Heartland can go F themselves, because the Pacific is representing the Frick League in the Landis this year. Let's go, bitches!
We recommend you lie down with your feet elevated to restore blood flow to the brain. Eventually, your delusion will pass …

By the way, the pear was delicious ...

jleddy
Ex-GM

Post by jleddy » Wed May 13, 2020 12:29 pm

Oh no! Who sat on your sandwich?

Not mentioned, but I noticed you called up a catcher, one Eddie Undergilder. Helluva debut, helluva name.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Wed May 13, 2020 12:34 pm

Suggesting Hawaii is the best team in the Pacific right now isn't the greatest compliment to them.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Post by shoeless.db » Wed May 13, 2020 1:08 pm

jleddy wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:29 pm
Oh no! Who sat on your sandwich?

Not mentioned, but I noticed you called up a catcher, one Eddie Undergilder. Helluva debut, helluva name.
Yeah, and I forgot to throw him on my 40 a week earlier, so he’s not playoff eligible. Great...
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”