shoeless.db
BBA GM

42.20 Vogts, Others Fired

Post by shoeless.db » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:11 pm

June Slater
Sports Editor
Sacramento State University Press

Anton Vogts
In a surprise move this week, the California Crusaders fired Assistant General Manager Anton Vogts after just over three seasons with the organization. Vogts was working as the organization's Interim General Manager due to the months long disappearance of General Manager Shoeless, a position Vogts relinquished without incident yesterday upon Shoeless's abrupt return.

The team also asked for and received the resignation of Vic Caleca, who spent the last two months as the team's Assistant Executor of The Right WindTM, and consulting team physician, Dr. Fritzenham Kocherschmeltz. Caleca held the position of General Manager for the Chicago Black Sox prior to his hiring in California.

Vic Caleca
"Those bastards drugged me, cut me open, and shipped me off to a long-term care facility in Strasburg, North Dakota," said a visibly upset GM Shoeless, flanked by California team owner, Brian Dyer Jr. and an unidentified woman, at a press conference held earlier today. "If it wasn't for the help of Dr. Kocherschmeltz's green-eyed assistant over here, I'd never have made it back to California. But, I'm back, and I'm here to make sure none of those sons-a-bitches ever work another day in the BBA. That includes Caleca. I never took him as the shady type, but that was a mistake on my part, which I won't let happen again."

Allegations aside, the California front office, under Vogt's leadership, made several controversial and, to this point, unfruitful free agent signings, draft selections, and transactions. In particular, the acquisition of former Las Vegas struggling outfielder, Mitch Dalrymple, prior to spring training drew the ire of many local sports talk radio programs and newspaper columnists.

When asked about how he plans to work with the choppy wake left by Vogts, Shoeless had this to say:

"My goal from the moment I took over this club prior to the 2039 season up until this very second is to bring another Landis championship back to this city. I refuse to let another man knock me from that path again."

The Crusaders currently sit atop the Pacific Division, historically the toughest division in baseball, with a six game lead against rival San Fernando and a record of 31-17. The team is in talks with several candidates for the open Assistant General Manager position.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 42.20 Vogts, Others Fired

Post by jleddy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:21 pm

Sad state of affairs when Vic has been reduced to being referenced as "Others" in a headline.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:15 pm

jleddy wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:21 pm
Sad state of affairs when Vic has been reduced to being referenced as "Others" in a headline.
OK by me ... I need to lower my profile. Hooking up with Sox Asst. General Manager Bill McGuffin for a stealth assignment ...

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Haha
GM Vancouver Mounties

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”