shoeless.db
BBA GM

Stoney; Same Damn Team

Post by shoeless.db » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:17 pm

By Stoney Suarez
Crusader Columnist
FireShoeless.com

Same Damn Team

Line up, all you Crusader sheep! Line up to buy tickets for the exact same product our General Idiot Manager put on the field last season. Shoeless has totally outdone himself with mediocrity by not providing any excitement via free agency for any reasonable Crusader follower. Well, I suppose, if you were hit on the head and in a coma since 2039, we could forgive you for getting pumped about the signings of Juan Guerrero and Mitch Dalrymple, because that was the last year either of them were any good. Come on, Crusader fans, isn't it time we start expecting a little more from our ball club than a first round whooping?

Here are the expected lineups for California this season:

Against righties, the only change from last season is Dalrymple for Rhodes, with Simpson moving to the DH spot. And, against lefties, it looks like Simpson will get a chance to hit every day as he's penciled into the three hole. Sixto Padillo will round out the ho-hum lineup in the ninth spot.

In a recent interview with California Public Radio, Clueless, err, I mean, Shoeless had the following to say about his projected lineups this season:

"We wanted to add a bit more pop to our offense this season, while not losing anything on defense. If our pitching holds up, this is a team that can win the Landis."

My apologies if you were drinking something when you read that, and now your computer screen is covered in it because you did a spit-take.

It's time to fire this moron.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: Stoney; Same Damn Team

Post by HoosierVic » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:02 pm

Is it my imagination, or is Stoney a little cranky?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”