41.27 PPP with Guest, Anton Vogts!

GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

shoeless.db
BBA GM

41.27 PPP with Guest, Anton Vogts!

Post by shoeless.db » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:07 pm

[Wasim Jaffer Jr. heats up the studio audience with his saxophone as the Crusaderettes perform a choreographed routine. Host Sai Ahuji walks out from behind a curtain. The audience goes nuts.]

SAI -- All right! Thank you. Thank you. Settle down now, and welcome, Crusader Fans, to Triple P! [crowd goes nuts again] I'm your host Sai "Young" Ahuji, and with me, as always, is the last clown out of every clown car, Aarav "the Mad Pope of Mumbai" Patil. [A chant of "Pope, Pope, Pope" breaks out in the crowd]

AARAV -- What does that even mean?

SAI -- Anyway, we have a fantastic show for you tonight. You'll never guess who we have as a guest tonight.

AARAV -- Oh? Did we land the bullpen catcher from our rookie league team?

SAI -- Oh, no, no, no, Mr. Negativity. None other than California Crusader Assistant General Manager Anton Vogts is here.

AARAV -- Vogts? You got Vogts?

SAI -- Hell, yeah. He actually requested to be on the show with us.

AARAV -- Requested? Something's up. I don't like it.

SAI -- Whatever ... [points out to the audience] You guys ready for Anton Vogts? [crowd goes nuts] Well, let's not keep you waiting any longer. Everyone, Anton Vogts! [gestures to the curtain as the crowd is in full frenzy]

[Anton Vogts walks out onto the set. His cold expression and stern eyes survey each member of the audience. The crowd becomes awkwardly silent from his stare, like someone grabbed the volume control and turned it from 10 to 0. Vogts stands for several moments then walks over to shake Sai's hand.]

SAI -- Welcome. Welcome. So great to have you on the show, Mr. Vogts. Please, have a seat.

VOGTS -- Danke.

SAI -- I hope you speak some English or this is going to be a rotten interview. [Looks out to the audience expecting laughter. Instead, the crowd is quiet, staring blank faced at Vogts]

VOGTS -- Ha. Is a joke. I'll speak English. [He smiles out to the crowd, but the studio audience remains silent except for one frightened laugh from a middle aged man in the front row]

SAI -- Ah, I've heard ... stories about your humor. Ha ... ha. It's legendary, I guess.

VOGTS -- Yes. My family is very funny people.

SAI -- No doubt. So, Vogts, you stated on the phone to our top unpaid intern, Wasim Jaffer Jr., that you had a very special announcement you wanted to share with all of Crusader nation.

VOGTS -- Yes. [looks over at Wasim. Wasim immediately looks away and begins fidgeting with the mouthpiece of his saxophone] Yes, very nice of intern to provide me with this platform.

SAI -- Well, the show is yours. Go ahead.

VOGTS -- It is with great sadness I bring you this news. General Manager Shoeless underwent a routine medical procedure with highly respected doctor this past week and will be unable to perform his general manager duties for the foreseeable future.

SAI -- What? What are you saying?

VOGTS -- Dr. Kocherschmeltz's head nurse stated Shoeless is recovering well from the procedure but will need much time to recover.

SAI -- What kind of procedure? He didn't seem sick. Well ... physically anyway ... mentally he was all over the place, but ...

VOGTS -- Doctor-patient confidentiality. In the meantime, I, Anton Vogts, will assume all duties as general manager of the California Crusaders. Thank you. [walks off stage]

SAI -- Vogts! Wait! I have questions!

AARAV -- He's gone, man. I told you something's up. That dude is creepy as [beep].

SAI -- No, [beep]!

AARAV -- Wasim, you have eyes and ears everywhere at the Crusader head offices. What do you know?

WASIM -- [looks down, mumbling something]

SAI -- What the [beep] is going on? We're 5 1/2 games behind Vancouver for the Pacific crown with a month to play. We're in a good spot for a wildcard birth, but our GM just mysteriously has a procedure and is gone?

AARAV -- Wasim! Say something!

WASIM -- [breathing heavy, sweat dripping down his face] No. No. I can't.

AARAV -- Can't what? Can't what?

WASIM -- The green-eyed ...

[video cuts out]

Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 41.27 PPP with Guest, Anton Vogts!

Post by HoosierVic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:19 pm

Ha! Are you being held captive by the green-eyed woman? If so, do you need company?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”