41.11 Lacy Promoted

GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

shoeless.db
BBA GM

41.11 Lacy Promoted

Post by shoeless.db » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:17 pm

"I'm so damn tired of those idiot, polo-shirt, khaki-pants-wearing nerds down at the OSA offices, with their overpriced, soccer-mom coffee and their stupid spreadsheets, telling the world Joe Lacy won't amount to anything in the BBA," General Manager Shoeless said into his cellphone. "Fuck those guys at the OSA!"

He listened, tapping his pen on his desk, as AAA Black Hills hitting coach, Maxwell Weiss Jr. responded.

"I'm glad you think he's ready, too," said Shoeless. "If I recall, there were quite a few doubters of yours back in the day due to your perceived lack of size. You know what? All the doubters can go take a flying leap. Thanks for the info, Max. We're looking forward to having him."

------

Sacramento (AP) -- The California Crusaders promoted utility-man Joe Lacy from AAA Black Hills late Saturday night. Lacy is expected to catch a red-eye flight out of Rapid City, SD, to be with the club for their game Sunday night in Hawaii.

"We've been hearing quite a bit about Lacy the last couples seasons," Crusader manager Alberto Franco said. "Sounds like he just shows up and plays baseball. I like guys like that."

Joe Lacy

Franco planned to insert his new utility man into the lineup Sunday night at second base to give struggling Jorge Lugo a night off against Hawaii ace, Zak Johnson. Franco said the main reason for the call-up was California was slated to face three left-handed pitchers this week, and, since Lacy platoons well against southpaws, he got the promotion.

California General Manager was also full of praise for Lacy.

"Lacy was an interesting topic in meetings for us for quite awhile," said Shoeless. "The guys with the spreadsheets couldn't explain how Lacy would just go out and hit over .300 everywhere he went. Let's just say there were some heated discussions between the old-school guys and the new-school guys. In the end, I just want winners up in the bigs. Lacy's a winner."

To make room for Lacy on the 27-man active roster, the Crusaders waived young first baseman, Yoriyuki Kobayashi. California hopes Kobayashi clears waivers, so he can be delegated for assignment back to AAA. Kobayashi, who was out of option years, was an integral piece of the successful 2040 season, but fell out of favor with new addition, Dusty Rhodes, and the solid play of rookie, César Feliciana this spring.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 41.11 Lacy Promoted

Post by HoosierVic » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:20 pm

The unicorns and now Lacy in the bigs. Your cup runneth over, Doug!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”