41.06 Black Hills Rally (AAA)

GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

shoeless.db
BBA GM

41.06 Black Hills Rally (AAA)

Post by shoeless.db » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:15 pm

"And I want it done right, too. Make sure there's plenty of spots for bikes to park."

General Manager Shoeless sat across from California Crusader owner, Brian Dyer Jr., and couldn't believe the words he was hearing. He was being told to move their long-time AAA-affiliate in Clash City to some fly over place in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

"You sure about this?" Asked Shoeless. "Don't you think it would be better to leave them in California to keep solidifying our fan base?"

Dyer laughed. "You of all people should know there's a damn BBA franchise or BBA affiliate in every damn city in this entire state. You can't trip and fall in California without landing in one of their ballparks."

"But ... South Dakota? Why"

Dyer got up from his desk and walked over to a picture hanging on the cherry wood walls of his office overlooking South Pacific Field. "Look at this picture," Dyer said. "It was taken 20 years ago."

Shoeless examined the picture. Four couples stood smiling in front of their motorcycles. A giant pine covered bluff overpowers the background. "Is that you?" Shoeless asked, pointing to one of the men in the picture. "Nice leathers."

"Yep, that's me. And next to me is Ginny," Dyer said, smiling at the picture. "It was taken the summer before she passed."

"I'm sorry."

"Nothing to be sorry about, Shoeless. It was a long time ago."

"That was taken in the Black Hills, then?"

"Yes," Dyer lowered his head and sat back down at this desk. "We used to go to the big rally there every year, but I haven't been back since that picture was taken. I think it's time."

"I'll make it a special place for our organization."

"Oh, I know you will, but I want the field to be named for her. Name it Ginny Dyer Park."

Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 41.06 Black Hills Rally (AAA)

Post by jleddy » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:19 pm

[chef's kiss]
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 41.06 Black Hills Rally (AAA)

Post by HoosierVic » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:21 pm

Sweet. I kinda like the logo!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic