GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

shoeless.db
BBA GM

PPP; Cuervo Obligado a Volar 2040.2

Post by shoeless.db » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:46 pm

Popes Playing Pepper
with Sai and Aarav

SAI -- Welcome to Triple P. I'm the guy your girlfriend told you not to worry about and host, Sai "Young" Ahuji, and with me, as always, is a guy who listens to classical music only to impress the ladies, Aarav "the Mad Pope of Mumbai" Patil.

AARAV -- Whatever, listening to Schubert's D major sonata make me feel reinvigorated about the world. It's imperfections remind me just how human we all are.

SAI -- (lets out a huge laugh) What book did you read that from? There's no way you thought of that yourself.

AARAV -- Just shut your stupid face.

SAI -- Well, until Aarav fesses up to being a fraud, let's get into today's top story -- The California Crusaders decided to part ways with left fielder, Esteban Cuervo, after refusing to make an offer for his last year of arbritration. The strong hitting lefty played six solid seasons for the Crusaders, racking up a total WAR count of 16.2, highlighted with a 4.6 WAR in 2036. Team financials, specifically the contract extensions to starters, Miguel Ramos and Luis Gracia, left upper management in a tight bind as they found themselves solidly up against the salary cap.

Esteban Cuervo

With more on this story, top unpaid intern, Wasim Jeffers Jr., is standing by. Wasim?

WASIM -- Thank you, Sai. I came across GM Shoeless in his private bathroom while I hid in the closet this morning. After a brief discussion about privacy and trespassing, I was able to ask him about letting Cuervo walk. Here's some audio:

GM SHOELESS -- We hated to see Esteban leave us, but we just couldn't leave ourselves tight against the cap with several other positions up in the open, like a decent platoon bat for our outfielders and some lefty help in the bullpen. In the end, it was the moving of the fences at South Pacific Park that forced our hand a bit. Esteban just doesn't have the range to play in an big outfield, and, at over 7 million per year, we couldn't afford to have a guy with poor defense and who also may be trending downward offensively. He just ended up being a guy we had to part with. We wish him the best of luck.

WASIM -- I also was able to ask GM Shoeless about a possible replacement for Esteban. Here's what he said:

GM SHOELESS -- We have a couple guys at AAA Clash City who've been itching for a solid chance, guys like Júlio Medina, Senzo Kurihara, and even our organization's #12 rated prospect Luis González. Spring training will be interesting this year. We could also look to bring in a guy via free agency, but he'd need to be cheap. Hell, a trade isn't out of the question, either.

WASIM -- I think we're starting to see some of GM Shoeless' inexperience shining through at the moment. Before he caught me in his bathroom, I distinctly heard him on the toilet talking to himself. He just kept repeating, 'Think, you moron. Think. Be competent.'

SAI -- Ugh, well, if anything, the poor bastard is learning by fire in this take-no-prisoner's league. Let's hope for the best for the Crusaders and for Cuervo. With that, take care, and we'll see you at the ballpark.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: PPP; Cuervo Obligado a Volar 2040.2

Post by HoosierVic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:38 pm

Does telling yourself to be competent actually work? I’m going to try that ... but without Wasim, if that’s Ok.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”