Moderator: shoeless.db

Ted
Ex-GM

Crusaders News! 2038.2 - From a Bar!

Post by Ted » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:35 pm

They Said it Couldn't Be Done
Whatever day the game is at, 2037
Offen Sichtlich der Kuntsgriff

So here I sit, Crusaders Fans! In a bar. You see, I'm waiting for my friends to finish up at dinner. They went to a fancy restaurant for a farewell dinner for a colleague. I .. er .. don't like big crowds. So I'm meeting up for the house party after. So I'm killing time really. But I'm still thinking about our Crusaders! Your Offie never stops! Can't stop. Won't stop.

Really it's can't stop. Im worried.... about the future. Not 2038! Don't worry. We should have a lot of reasons to cheer in 2038. But going forward? Well. ... there could be money problems. We have to resign Miguel Ramos for 2039, and only have 11.5 mil in cap space. If he gets that on top of his projected arb, he'll be around 22 mil. There's reason to think that might not be enough. We could put a balloon payment in2040, but that's they year Luis Gracia and Jaime Mercado's deals come of the books. Those two are only making about 17 million combined, and we'll have to spend a good bit to replace them.

Do we trade Cisco Morales? His deal is long, but it's such a steal! Ooooooh. I don't want to think about it. I'll just have another Newcastle. I hope my friends get done with dinner soon. I'm excited to see everyone! First time since I got back in the country. ..... I wonder if Maddy will be there. We decided to uh ... take a break. It was my idea really. I didn't know how long I'd be in Baghdad, and long distance relationships never work ... that's what they tell me anyway.

Oh man. Now I'm nervous. ... About TWO things. Oh well. At least I know the Crusaders are in good hands. GM Schmidt is probably working out a plan as I type this, not just getting drunk in a bar.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”