Crusaders News! 2037.6 - OMG A Deadline!

GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

Ted
Ex-GM

Crusaders News! 2037.6 - OMG A Deadline!

Post by Ted » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:27 am

Minor End of Season Stuff
November 7th, 2037
Offen Sichtlich der Kunstgriff

Crusaders fans! Today we'll talk about .... well, I'm not sure. I need to come up with something. Apparently I have a deadline! I'm kind of excited. I got another communication from our front office today. That's two now! I feel like all my hard work has started to pay off. This one said, "You owe me a team news!" Short and to the point. Like the last one. I'm convinced now that GM Ted Schmidt must be a very concise fellow.

Also, who knew I had a quota? Neat! Okay, hmm, so what to write about. The Landis is over. Owen Stark retired. No one cares about him anymore right? He was great of the bench last year, but this year ... let's just say retirement wasn't a bad idea. I really wish he'd have talked to Ricardo Diaz and Cris Vazquez though. Looks like 2.6 mil and a two roster spots down the drain in 2038.

The Crudaders have to make a decision on Jesus Fernandez and his 1.7 million team option for next year. Well ... I could say they've already made a decision. Apparently my contact inside the front office never knew I left .... (which is a bit hurtful) .. but I hear he's (Fernandez) already been told he be picked up. A smart decision! Fernandez was 2.98/.366/.510 in his platoon role last year. In his first three years of his deal, he's put up 0.6, 0.9, and 1.3 WAR, averaging around 200 plate appearances. That's pretty good for 5.3 million. Excellent even. Yay Jesus Fernandez!

Okay, so there's that. What else? Schmidt doesn't give out player options or opt outs, so there's no news with that. I hear some other front offices are pretty cheesed in some cases. Or downright perplexed in others. Huh ... There's only one guy on the team even getting arbitration this year. Guus Alberink. Well, I guess that wraps it up for 2037 news. I'll see you next year, or tomorrow, or later today ... whenever the 2038 news cycle starts.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”