Moderator: shoeless.db

Ted
Ex-GM

Crusaders News! 2037.4 - Trade Rumors!

Post by Ted » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:50 pm

OH MY GOD WHAT COULD IT BE?!?!
October 31st, 2037
Offen Sichtlich der Kunstgriff

Crusaders fans! Oh man ... Oh. I .... wow! So exciting. You see ... ahem. Okay. So ... I'm sorry ... I'm beside myself with anticipation! Apparently, our GM, Ted Schmidt has been talking to Brooklyn GM Alan Ehlers recently. And Brooklyn is having a FIRE SALE! OH. THE PLAYERS! I mean. Could you imagine Alfredo Martinez in a Crusaders uniform? Playing 81 games in South Pacific Field! (Well, okay, maybe 41. I mean, he'd have to play the whole season to get to 81 home games. And he's um ... ahem .. a bit .. well. You see, in my spare time, I play a lot of classic online RPGs. Weird hobby, I know. But hey, it's Offie! Okay, so the the point, Alfredo Martinez is kind of like what we'd call a glass cannon. Hmm, maybe just play him at home? Reduce his injury risk? ....) Man I can't even keep my head straight! ALL THE HOMERUNS!

I mean, I love Esteban Cuervo and Flynn Johnson, but Cuervo really kind of forgot how to hit after the all star break, and Johnson ... um ... I don't really know what happened there. I bet they both bounce back nicely though. I hope so anyway. OR I HOPE WE GET ALFREDO MARTINEZ!

Sorry ... I need to take a breath. Okay. Let's see. Francisco Ruiz and Fernando Cruz are rumored to be on their way to Edmonton, so that's not it. Geez. The whole team is up for sale. It could be anybody! We do have that shortstop problem. Hmm .. Areif Atalas or Jose Lopez ... huh. Not really exciting. I prefer to keep dreaming big.

Hey! I know! Maybe Cisco Guerrero. I mean, we've been really left handed batter heavy. Hair and Hernandez have been good, but there has to be a way to fit a bat like Nightmare's into any lineup, right?

Or ... could it be ... ARE WE TRADING FOR THE RIGHTS TO MAURO FLORES?!?!?!!!! Can we even do that? I mean, free agents don't file until November. We'd have a window to talk to him AND only have 86 mil on the books next year. That doesn't leave a TON of room, and 2039 would be dicey, but there's only 74 mil on the books in 2031, and Schmidt's been know to get creative with contract loading. Oh man! The ultimate pitcher with the ultimate pitching franchise. A match made in heaven! I ... I ... I can't .. . .

I need to lay down.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: Crusaders News! 2037.4 - Trade Rumors!

Post by ae37jr » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:36 pm

Ted wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:50 pm
ARE WE TRADING FOR THE RIGHTS TO MAURO FLORES?!?!?!!!! Can we even do that? I mean, free agents don't file until November. We'd have a window to talk to him AND only have 86 mil on the books next year.
:thinking:

Hmm, you know that isn't a terrible idea. I bet I could get something a lot better then a compensation pick just for the rights to speak to Flores a week before anyone else. That would be a total dick move on my part though seeing as he is refusing to negotiate.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”