Moderator: shoeless.db

Ted
Ex-GM

Crusaders News! 2036.4 - Coaching Shuffle

Post by Ted » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:37 am

Two New Hires! Lots of Movement!
November 20th, 2035
Offen Sichtlich der Kunstgriff

Okay, so pitching coach Jerry Martin retired. That kind of stinks. Martin's been excellent for us. But I ahve good news!

Gabriel Campos will take over the big league job, moving up from the AAA Clash City Rockers. Welcome back "Full pack"! Although ... I can't believe you've been retired for almost ten years already! Yikes. Offie is getting old. I still remember your Crusaders years fondly.

Taking his place at the AAA pitching coach will be Benjamin O'Rourke. This is a bit of an odd once. Usually, our Crusaders hire from within, and while O'Rourke did spend one season with us, it was not at all memorable. Also, he was a catcher! I guess he made an impression. I have heard his a pretty smart guy and a good leader. I bet you'd have to learn SOMETHING about pitching at least, catching for all those years. This is a lot different that the hiring of Allen Kennedy, Danny Lamb, and Luis Salas. Well, whatever. Welcome back to the team, Mr. O'Rourke!

Mark Stuart is back! Hooray! Mark will be taking over as manager of the Rookie Ball Berkeley Golden Bears! This is ... perfect. Just perfect. Mark should absolutely be a lifetime Crusader. Now, I bet you're thinking .. wait ... did we have a managerial opening? Wasn't Arthur Dunn running that franchise? Okay, well maybe you weren't. Maybe you have never heard the name Arthur Dunn before in your life. I suppose not everyone pays attention to minor league baseball coaches. Well, if you didn't, yes, he was the manager, and no, now he isn't. You see, Mark Larkin Jr. has always had a bit of a temper. A week ago or so, apparently he was in an altercation on the 105 with another motorist, and left his car to pursue said altercationing. The sixty three year old Larkin removed another motorist from his car through the driver side window he smashed in, and proceeded to beat him senseless. Reportedly he was instructing the other gentleman on the appropriate use of turn signals. While this is pretty amazing for a 63 year old, it is not necessarily the stuff one wants to hear about their AA manager. So we had an opening. Stuart said he didn't feel comfortable jumping some of the other longtime minor league mangers for a cushy spot in AA (such a classy guy!) so some shuffling happened. Now he has the rookie ball job. Glad you stayed with the team, Mark!
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Re: Crusaders News! 2036.4 - Coaching Shuffle

Post by scottsdale_joe » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:32 am

Rarely has coaching news been so interesting.
Love the 105 story.
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: Crusaders News! 2036.4 - Coaching Shuffle

Post by Ted » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:35 am

Thanks
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”