Moderator: shoeless.db

Ted
Ex-GM

Crusaders News! 2035.31 - Another Sweep, Then a Stumble

Post by Ted » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Well That Started Off Well
June 9th, 2035
Offen Sichtlich der Kunstgriff

Crusaders Friends! Our week started well. We did, in fact, get the sweep in the Des Moines series. Claudio Defazio had a strong game, reaching base four times. Reynaldo Garza continues to be impressive. He threw four innings of one hit ball in relief and got the win. He's now on pace for 143 innings of 1.83 era baseball, and of course no votes for fireman of the year. We then started a seven game homestand against the visiting Hawaii Tropics (Huh. They're still in second place in our division. Who saw THAT coming?) It looked like another sweep was in progress after we took the first two games, but the bullpen couldn't hold on in extra innings in game three.

Still did you guys see Miguel Ramos in game one? Wow! He was unhittable! Seven and a third innings. One hit! Two walks. TWELVE strikeouts! Remember when we were worried about him to start the year? Gosh. I hope I didn't upset him. Hmm ... well ... maybe I do? I mean ... if that's what it took to get him out of his rut .... No. No, I don't like it. I .. just don't ever want to upset anyone. It's just. I don't like being upset, and I don't want to do it to anyone else. I was kind of upset last week. Well, my stomach was. Oh right! You don't know about my date! It went well! .... I think. I had a horrible time. Not because of Maddy!! She continues to be great! But .. before I left, I started to get really nervous ... and my stomach started to hurt. I actually got to the restaurant early (We decided to meet there because then we didn't have the awkward dropping someone off after a date thing. Well, that's why I proposed we meet there. Also, if it was bad, you can just leave!). Anyway, while I was waiting, my stomach started to feel really awful ... and um .. well ... By the time I left the bathroom, I was actually five minutes LATE. But Maddy was a bit MORE late, so it was okay. I could barely eat though. That's probably good. Mama says I eat like a pig. I just felt awful. Maddy didn't seem to notice. We sat in the park afterwards and she said we should do it again sometime. She's just great ...

Oh! Sorry. So, we lost that last game to Hawaii. And then the next two to Louisville. Luis Gracia and Cisco Morales both had kinda blegh starts, and we didn't hit much. Now we're sitting on three straight losses. Kind of gets you down. We haven't had a stretch like that since a four game setback at the end of April. But you know what? Things will turn around! Ramos pitches tonight, and we're going to salvage this series! then we've got four in Calgary before coming back home to face Madison.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”