Crusaders News! 2035.28 - Doooooooooooom!

GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

Ted
Ex-GM

Crusaders News! 2035.28 - Doooooooooooom!

Post by Ted » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:27 pm

This is Horrible!
May 19th, 2035
Offen Sichtlich der Kunstgriff

Well poop! I have to say, I'm really unhappy. I know this edition is a bit early, but SOMETHING happened. Something bad. Some really bad thing. It's just ... it's so disappointing. And worrisome. One of those BAD THINGS that makes you wonder if more BAD THINGS will happen later.

Knud Zeitler tore his ulnar collateral ligament. He's done for the year and will need Tommy John. Now, the good news is that he'll be back in time for spring training. Also, it looks like the team was only planning to use him as a reliever this year, and we have some other relief options. The bigger deal is that he was a BIG part of the plan going forward it seems. Zeilter was supposed to slide in with Jaime Mercado and Miguel Ramos to form a new starting pitching core when Luis Gracia and Cisco Morales got older. I hope he recovers well. Oooooohh. This makes me so anxious.

Well Crusaders fans, I guess we'll just have to wait. Ugh. Waiting. I'm also waiting by the way. To call ... I think her name is Madelyn. Offie has been told you shouldn't call back right away because you'll sound desperate. That's no good! Especially considering that I'm ... ahem ... um .. okay so no one wants to call himself desperate. Let's say amorously impoverished. All this writing practice is really paying off!!!!! Anyway, I think I'll call her this weekend. I ... umm ... hoooooooooo ... ah .. getting nervous again. And I don't really know what her name is! Oh God! I can't ... ahhh...

Hoooookay. Moving on. Let's look at the options the Crusaders have going forward. Guus Alberink or Augusto Cardenas are the next most likely to start if the Crusaders suffer another injury to the rotation. Juan Lopez is also a possibility but it seems that the team wants to give him more time in AAA. As far as relievers likely to take Knud Zeitler's spot, you have Oscar Borlase, Robert Moran, Arturo Ornelas, and Pepe Flores. Borlase has seen some time on the big league roster already. But he seems more of a ROOGY. I like saying that a lot better than LOOGY. I mentioned this before, but LOOGY brings back unfortunate elementary school memories. Moran has been outstanding in AAA. I bet he gets the next shot.

Well, sorry for the bad news. I'll be back with my weekly update on Saturday morning. Also, I know you are all waiting to hear about the draft! It's a LOT to go through. But I'll get you a recap soon!!
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”