Moderator: shoeless.db

Ted
Ex-GM

Crusaders News! 2035.26 - It's Good to Be Home

Post by Ted » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:18 pm

For Four Games Anyway
May 12, 2035
Offen Sichtlich der Kunstgriff

Happy Saturday morning, Crusaders fans! Well, it's probably morning by the time you read this. It'll probably be Saturday for me, too, by the time I finish writing this. As you probably know, our Crusaders just suffered a disappointing 4-5 loss to division rival Long Beach. We wasted a good start by Miguel Ramos, too. That's a shame. He's allowed thee or fewer runs in four of his last five starts. I don't know about you, but that makes me feel a lot better! And then worse ... Because we could have won last night. Oh well. You know who else is coming around?

Claudio Defazio! You know he's actually on pace for a four win season? That's amazing considering his batting average was .188 before the Omaha series. I guess it helps when you're one of the best defenders in the league at your position and are on pace to steal 115 bases at a 75% rate. Also, it looks like his lack of batting average success is just plain old bad luck. That .229 BABIP just HAS to improve. I'm pretty worried about his All-Star chances though. I thought this was going to be THE YEAR. It's just not fair! He's so GOOD! He had SIX RBI in the first game against the Hawks and followed that up with three hits in game two! He pretty much powered us to a 3-1 series win. And no one outside of Sacramento cares. I don't know if I can take it if he misses out on his first all star appearance again.

Next week will be big. We finish up the series in Long Beach, then it's three against the defending champs at home (finally!) and then the Twin Cities River Monsters (tied for the Heartland lead at the time of this writing) come to town for a trio of games. We'll have to play those games with Brian Robson, whose balky right (throwing) elbow has acted up again. It seems he can hit just fine, but management isn't taking any chances with him, seeing as this is the second time it has flare up this season. I guess that's good. I wish they'd been more careful the first time in spring training. Hmm. I don't mean to be grumpy. Umm ... I guess it's not very professional .. but .. well, you guys are my friends right? Sometimes you just need someone to talk to. Mama hasn't been feeling well. Apparently she started to struggle while Offie was in the hospital. Thankfully, she doesn't have the same .. intestinal issues. But she's not very young anymore (Offie may not have been a planned child, Mama has never really let on). Anyway, thanks for listening. I'm always here for you, too Crusaders fans!
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”