Moderator: shoeless.db

Ted
Ex-GM

Crusaders News! 2035.25 - Crusaders Enter May in First

Post by Ted » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:48 pm

First Place, First pitcher of the Month Award
May 5th, 2035
Offen Sichtlich der Kunstgriff

Well folks, we did it. On the first of May, our Crusaders stand at 16-11. Cisco Morales (exceedingly deservedly) won the pitcher of the month for April award. He was 6-0 with a 0.60 ERA in 45 and a third innings. He had a 63 FIP-, and posted game scores of 84,79,62,77,65, and 70. Wow! What a month. It even ended with a bang, as we took two of three from Yellow Springs!

I'll be honest, I don't really remember much of that last month. I write to you from my hospital bed. My month also ended with an, um.. well.. not rally a bang. More of a series of splats ... and then a .... thud. Hmm ... Well, you see .... my neighbor called the police when he heard a loud crash from my apartment. I'm glad he did! Apparently I passed out. Ah .. it turns out that feeling in my stomach wasn't excitement after all. I spent most of the Yellow Springs series ... well... indisposed. I learned a fun word by the way. Hematochezia! I didn't think I could loose that much blood that quickly. Anyway, I'm out of the intensive care unit, and I feel much better. Having blood is good!

Anyway, it turns out I didn't miss any games! The nurse that took care of me reads this blog and made sure to always have the games on in my room! But well, I don't really remember the first three games of the Seattle series at all. I vaguely remember a team with purple uniforms, but that's about it. We took two of those games however, and I'll be sure to pay close attention tonight! Winning a four game series against Seattle would be a big deal! They've bounced back this year and are a serious contender in the new Frontier division. We took the first game with a resounding 12 run performance, and Jaime Mercado only allowed two runs. He's been really good this year, and probably should be getting more attention. Sorry, Jaime. I'll do better! Ricardo Diaz was solid in the next game. That's really good to see, but the offense just didn't score enough runs. We sure made up for it yesterday though! Ten more runs off Ken Walter! We needed them too because althoughLuis Gracia has been better, he still seems to be working through some mechanical issues.

Okay! So game four versus Seattle is up tonight. That will be newly minted pitcher of the year Cisco Morales against the crafty Alfredo Contreras. I have a good feeling about this! Then it's finally home for four against the Omaha Hawks, before we go on the road ... AGAIN?!? Wait! This is getting ridiculous. I mean, for me it doesn't matter. I don't really get outside much. I'm well ... not really .. um .. comfortable around crowds. I like a nice comfy couch and the soothing sounds of baseball coming from my TV. But still!!! The players have to be really upset. After this Long Beach series, we will have played 29 of our first 39 games on the road! What gives!!! The Crusaders are playing outstanding baseball, and our home fans done even get to watch? What a shame! On the other other hand, I guess we've wondered about the difficult early season hitting environment in Pacific Field contributing to slow starts the last couple years. So maybe this is .. good? Weird though. Well girls and guys, that's it for this time. I'll be writing you from home next week. Until then!
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”