Crusaders News! 2035.24 - It's Been Awhile, but ..

GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

Ted
Ex-GM

Crusaders News! 2035.24 - It's Been Awhile, but ..

Post by Ted » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:12 pm

We're Back in Style!
April 28, 2035
Offen Sichtlich der Kunstgriff

[Author's Note] Apologies to everyone for my long absence. I was very sick and spent a couple weeks in the hospital. Not to worry! I'm fine now. Us Offie's are very resilient! I made sure not to miss a single Crusaders game while in my sickbed, and took notes, but as I was rushed to the hospital, I did not bring my laptop with me. I asked Mama to bring it in later, but she REFUSED! She didn't even visit me! Of course, mother rarely leaves the house, and never without her Offie. Still, it was so frustrating to know I left all of you in the lurch, starved for news of our beloved Crusaders. I apologize. It will never happen again!

Friends! Our Crusaders are coming on stronger than ever before! Still in first. Still in April! It's so amazing isn't it? Like many of you, I'm so overjoyed that I don't know what to do with myself. In fact, I've had this odd feeling in my stomach for days! I'm pretty sure it's not even related to Mama's cooking this time! Ahem, the wins just keep coming. We finished up the Des Monies series with a sweep, then took two of three from Hawaii. Man, it would have been nice to sweep the Tropics, too. Oh well. You can't be perfect all the time. But you know what? No one has apparently told that to Cisco Morales!

After his start against Hawaii on the 24th, he's 4-0 with a 0.72 ERA. ZERO POINT SEVEN TWO!!!! He hasn't had a run like this since 2032, and we all know what he did THAT year! Umm, well, I think we all do. Maybe not. I guess some of you could be new Crusaders fans. In fact, I bet we get new fans all the time! Attendance is at an all time high after all. Well then, welcome new Crusaders fans! It's great to have you! You're probably thinking, where has his been all my life? Um ... Well .... I don't really know how that feels. I was, after all, Captain of the junior Crusaders fan club as a child. I don't recall a time in my life when I didn't eat, breathe, and live Crusaders baseball. I am SO sorry you've been missing out so long. But hey! Your're here now! that's a good thing!

Oh .. right .. back to Cisco! He won a Steve Nebraska Golden Arm Award in 2032! It would be really neat to see him win another. He was the last Crusader to win one. That means it's been over two years since we've had one, and only one in the last seven years. That's not very Crusaders-ey. Why, I remember went we took that piece of hardware home every other year or so! You know that 2032 is the only year he's been an all-star, too? That seems kind of ridiculous. I mean, he has THREE seasons with an ERA below three! (not counting this one) For SHAME, voters from other teams! Well, at least he'll make it this year. Oh! What if he doesn't? That can't happen, right? Surely voters aren't THAT out of touch? Oooooohh ... I get so angry just thiknig about it. It makes me want to ... want to ... well ... okay ... count to ten ... Eins, Zwei, Drei, Vier, ... Okay. Whoo. Alright. It will be fine. Cisco will be an all star this year. And you know what? Even if he's not, we still love him. Right, Crusaders fans? Yes we do!

Okay, so next week we'll finish up against Vancouver. Lost the first two games if that set. Man, Miguel Ramos just hasn't figured it out yet. I hope he's okay. This is probably just the typical Gillstrom hangover. Then it's off to Yellow Spring for three games followed by four in Seattle. See you all next week!
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Crusaders News! 2035.24 - It's Been Awhile, but ..

Post by RonCo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:17 pm

Yes, Offie, we missed you. Glad to hear you're well.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Post by scottsdale_joe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:18 am

RonCo wrote:Yes, Offie, we missed you. Glad to hear you're well.
Ok, I'm old and often out of it.
What's offie?
The only time I have heard offie used is when I am in the UK where it is short for the off license alcohol section of a pub.
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Rubaboo
BBA GM

Post by Rubaboo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:10 am

Feel your pain on Cisco, Gomez's sophomore season he had a season ERA under 2 and didn't win.
Fred Holmes
General Manager
Mexico City Aztecs - BBA

BBA Champs - 2052
JL Champs - 2027, 2052
JL MW Champs - 2022, 2023, 2024, 2027
JL Sun Belt Champs - 2035, 2036, 2038
JL Frontier Champs - 2051, 2052
JL Manager of the Year - 2023, 2024, 2026, 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”