The Cali Decree 2039.1: New Crusader GM Named

GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

shoeless.db
BBA GM

The Cali Decree 2039.1: New Crusader GM Named

Post by shoeless.db » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:51 pm

SAI -- Welcome, Crusader-Nation, to our new telecast we're calling, The Cali Decree. I'm your host, Sai "Young" Ahuji, and with me for this wild march into the holy land of BBA baseball is Aarav "the Pope of Mumbai" Patil.

AARAV -- So glad to be here, Sai.

SAI -- Let's jump right into today's top story. After an incredible 18-year run as General Manager of the California Crusaders, Ted Schmidt stepped down from his lofty post this past weekend. Schmidt leaves behind a talented Crusader squad looking to repeat last year's first place finish in the Frick League's Pacific Division. Team owner, Brian Dyer Jr., quickly named db "Shoeless" Olmsted as the new General Manager of the Crusaders.

AARAV -- Looks like Olmsted's awkward off-season dealings for the Mumbai Metro Stars of the toddler UMEBA proved to be enough to sway Dyer.

[BEGIN AUDIO OF TEAM OWNER, BRIAN DYER JR.]
"We tried reaching out to dozens of viable candidates to fill the vacancy, but were immediately sent to voicemail. Olmsted just happened to be by his phone when we called. But, in all honesty, a blind, brain-damaged monkey could run this organization right now. Ted left him a scrappy, intelligent, competitive ballclub. This team is a reflection of Ted himself. Olmsted will do fine."

SAI -- Crusader ballplayers and personnel were shocked by Schmidt's resignation.

[BEGIN AUDIO OF STARTING PITCHER, LUIS GRACIA]
"Man, I'm going to miss Ted. He always had my back. He traded for me way back in 2023. I got here, and I was a perfect fit for his style of baseball. I owe that man my whole career. I mean, he led this team to over 1600 regular season wins and two Landis championships. He's a damn legend."

SAI -- With the General Manager change, many Crusader fans are curious as to whether Olmsted will continue with Ted's Crusader Ball or if Olmsted will transform the club into something entirely different.

AARAV -- Well, rumors are already circling of a little black book left behind in the General Manager's office, but even our own top unpaid intern, Wasim Jeffers Jr, is unable to confirm this.

SAI -- From what we see from Olmsted already, though, this is every bit his team now.

AARAV -- That's good to hear. I hope he's able to leave as big a mark on this franchise as Ted did.

SAI -- Looks like it's going to be an interesting march into hostile territory for the Crusaders, but, no matter the outcome, your hosts here at The Cali Decree will report it all to you. Thank you for joining us tonight and we'll see you at the ballpark, Crusader-Nation.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: The Cali Decree 2039.1: New Crusader GM Named

Post by RonCo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:02 pm

Big shoes to fill. Hang on tight and have fun. :)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:58 pm

Here's a crazy thought: don't worry about what Ted would have done. Just figure out what you want to do, and have fun.

That's supposed to be the point of all this ... I think.

I tried for weeks to figure out the plan my predecessor in Huntsville had for the team, and finally realized ... just a couple of weeks ago, in fact, that I never would. Until then, I felt frozen in place, like I couldn't do this or that because the previous guy probably wouldn't have done it.

That, it turns out, is most definitely not fun. So I don't recommend it.

Unleash that Shoeless.db magic and either soar or crash and burn, but don't sit around worrying about what other guys would have done or what other people in the league will think about it. Not worth the energy.

Go nuts. Be yourself. Have fun!

handaspencer
GBC GM

Post by handaspencer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:10 pm

HoosierVic wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:58 pm
Here's a crazy thought: don't worry about what Ted would have done. Just figure out what you want to do, and have fun.

That's supposed to be the point of all this ... I think.

I tried for weeks to figure out the plan my predecessor in Huntsville had for the team, and finally realized ... just a couple of weeks ago, in fact, that I never would. Until then, I felt frozen in place, like I couldn't do this or that because the previous guy probably wouldn't have done it.

That, it turns out, is most definitely not fun. So I don't recommend it.

Unleash that Shoeless.db magic and either soar or crash and burn, but don't sit around worrying about what other guys would have done or what other people in the league will think about it. Not worth the energy.

Agree 100%, good advise.

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Post by shoeless.db » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:36 pm

handaspencer wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:10 pm
HoosierVic wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:58 pm

Agree 100%, good advise.
Thank you for this. I obviously did a shitty job of trying to say just that in my post. I was trying to show some respect for all that Ted put into this team while also sneaking in there that it’s my team now.

I’m ready to rock and roll, baby.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:50 pm

shoeless.db wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:36 pm

I’m ready to rock and roll, baby.
Outstanding!

redcup217
Ex-GM

Post by redcup217 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:37 am

So glad to see Aarav and Sai still employed! Looking forward to Wasim Jeffers Jr's debut!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”