GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

Trebro
BBA GM

2058.28 "Promise Kept" – Klooster added to Nine

Post by Trebro » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:29 am

"Promise Kept" – Klooster added to Nine

by Valerie Davies, for the Yellow Springs World

C Roelof Klooster was among those called up for the September stretch by the Yellow Springs Nine in its second wave of AAA call ups, "righting a wrong" in the words of GM Rob McMonigal.

"We didn't do right by him after he came over from Phoenix. And while that was because of a now fired staff member, I take full responsibility for how we treated him. I'm so happy we're giving him a way to go out of the BBA, if he chooses to do so, on his own terms."

Klooster, who earlier had vowed never to return to the Nine, had this to say:

Klooster a Nine at Last

"It's great being back in a BBA uniform again. I figured I was done but McMonigal never stopped talking to me even when I had his calls blocked. It's been another rough year for the Nine but I am so happy to be here, to be around the fans again, and to hopefully win some games."

It hadn't looked good for Klooster, who was injured at the time of the trade and kept away from the team. allegedly by its former assistant general manager. He wasn't able to find work despite a thin catching market and was sitting at home when he was re-signed to a minor league deal with Indianapolis, where he was hurt yet again shortly after joining the team.

"And I want to say this, too," Klooster added, unprompted. "There's a lot of talk about McMonigal being a bad GM to work with as a player. That's just not true. He made a promise to me, and he kept it, though we'd agreed to wait a bit so I could be a part of the Downforce playoff run.

Asked if this is his final season, the long time veteran smiled and said, "You never know."
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”