2058.18 A Troublesome Termination

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

Trebro
BBA GM

2058.18 A Troublesome Termination

Post by Trebro » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:43 pm

GM Rob McMonigal looked back at Yellow Springs Nine owner Bo Jordan, the man who brought him to the BBA a little over five years ago, They'd spent a lot of time together, working to try and make the storied franchise the best it could be. They'd come close in 2056, but 2057 was a complete disaster.

Worse, the off-season had gotten off to a bad start. Their most famous player and future Hall of Famer, Dong-Po Thum, was pissed. They were missing out on free agents, some of whom were taking less money to sign elsewhere.

And now this. Something that needed to happen but was sure to lead to embarrassing questions.

"Are you ready, Bo?" asked McMonigal.

Jordan, staring out at the replaced door like he stared down so many opposing pitchers, nodded. "Send him in."

McMonigal pressed a buton. "Bring Su-Tu to my office, please."

After a few minutes, the door just opened. Su-Tu never knocked. Ever. But he had worked cheap. As usual, he was dressed to the nines (no pun intended) in a suit that probably cost more than any McMonigal owned, crisply pressed. His hair, cropped short, shone with mousse. His shave was so close you'd think he'd used electrolysis.

"You called for me, boss? I don't have much time, because I'm working on getting this amazing deal together with Nathan over at Charlotte..."

McMonigal cut him off. "No, you aren't. We've never discussed a deal with them, ever. I checked the logs."

"Are you calling me a liar?"

Bo stepped in, his still-imposing 6 feet 4 inch frame towering over the much smaller Su-Tu. "Yes. On multiple counts."

McMonigal then listed several of them, ranging from Thum's so-called retirement to his false employment history to claiming involvement in GBC player development in China. Each time, the Assistant General Manager open his mouth to protest and each and every time Jordan stopped him cold.

After awhile, even McMonigal was flinching, and thinking about what might happen someday to him if he didn't get the team in a better situation.

If only that old coot would reply, he thought. But that was a matter for another day.

"The fact of the matter is, you've been doing nothing but hurting this team since you got here and the number one role of the AGM is to do no harm," said McMonigal.

"In other words," said Jordan, "you're fired."

It was a serious situation, but the way Bo looked when he said it made him think of an old reality television program, then he shuddered a bit. The early part of the 21st Century, which Bo had lived through, was a difficult time for America. The less said the better, especially to Jordan.

"You can't do that to me," said Su-Tu! "I know too much."

"That's crap, just like everything else you've said so far," said Jordan.

"You're setting a new and dangerous precedent for yourselves, gentlemen," said Su-Tu, suddenly all business.

McMonigal squired a bit. This was tracking a bit too close to what Valerie had warned him about.

"If you have anything you want to say, say it," McMonigal replied.

"As a famous relative of mine once said, 'To hell with this place!' I'm fired, right? Then I don't have to answer any questions."

With that, now former Assistant General Manager, Xi-tong Su-Tu turned and slammed the door.

"Good riddance," said Jordan. "Make sure the next guy you hire basically sits at his desk and plays solitaire or something. I want you watching everything. You got me?"

"Crystal clear," said McMoingal.

"At least that's over with," said Jordan.

"I wonder," said McMonigal, very softly. "I wonder."
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2058.18 A Troublesome Termination

Post by Jwalk100 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:29 pm

He needs a drink of water.
ImageImageImageImageImage

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Post by trmmilwwi » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:58 pm

And some Cheetos.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Sharkman

Post by Sharkman » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:23 pm

thanks for the heads up. i will ensure HR for Sydney screens him out when I am hiring my new Assistant GM =-P

Trebro
BBA GM

Post by Trebro » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:50 pm

Sharkman wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:23 pm
thanks for the heads up. i will ensure HR for Sydney screens him out when I am hiring my new Assistant GM =-P
I dunno, he's great for team news ...
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”