GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

Trebro
BBA GM

2057.19 Scheduling Whoahs! Nine Get an Odd Deal from the League

Post by Trebro » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:40 pm

Scheduling Whoahs! Nine Get an Odd Deal from the League

by Valerie Davies, for the Yellow Springs World

The Yellow Springs Nine got an interesting schedule revelation this year, with more days off than a doctor in April, and some long stretches of uninterrupted games.

In April, the Nine have 6 days off, including two in a row towards the end of the month, and one only 2 days into the 2057 season. They play just 24 games total, and because of the days off will struggle to get their starters into a regular rest schedule.

They play 13 straight games from April 30 to May 12. Then June gets weird again, with three days off from June 5 to June 17.

But August is the weirdest of all, with the team playing 20 straight games from August 8 to August 27.

September sees the team playing their final 13 games at home, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but with the kids back in school and, let's be honest here, the team unlikely to be in the playoff hunt, there's a good chance that an opportunity at key revenue may be lost, all because of the scheduling system used by the league.

I'm not a scheduling expert, but something doesn't seem quite right here to me. I reached out to Bo Jordan for his thoughts on the team's odd set of matches over the course of the long, six month baseball season.

"This is a blatant punishment for my speaking out against moving a team to the Bikini Atoll," said Jordan. "We've filed a formal protest and I will be urging the league to fix this problem in 2058. We aren't the only ones who got a bad deal, either. Just look at what happened with Pheonix."

I did; the Talons play 54 of their first-half games on the road. That's just brutal. I tried to reach out to Pheonix's Reclusive GM™ for comment, but I was told he was doing a tour of the various Denny's in the Toledo area.

How will the Nine handle this scheduling issue? It's hard to say, but my guess is on heavy use of a taxi squad with Indianapolis, particularly for the bullpen.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”