GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

Trebro
BBA GM

2057.10 Nine Release 2 Players, add 3 to the 40 Man

Post by Trebro » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:45 pm

Nine Release 2 Players, add 3 to the 40 Man

11/14/2056

Yellow Springs, OHThe Yellow Springs Nine announced they have released the following players:

SP Ken Plante. Plante, 27, was part of the first trade GM Rob McMonigal made with the Nine. Highly regarded at the time, he struggled at times with his control, including a 5.4 bb/9 in 14 starts with the big league club in a 2056 tryout. The young man was uneven in those starts, sometimes pitching well but at other times looking overmatched.

"This was a really hard decision," said GM Rob McMonigal. "I obviously wanted Ken to succeed. But he just can't seem to get it to all come together. We discussed a move to the bullpen, but Ken refused the offer. There's no place for him on the Nine in a starting pitching role, so unfortunately, our time together has come to an end. I am positive someone will give him a chance elsewhere, and we wish him the best of luck."

IF Mansur Rabi. Rabi, 27, came up briefly for the Nine when the team was in desperate straights for an infielder, managing no hits in 8 plate appearances over 11 games. He stuck out 3 times and scored a run 3 times. He started only 1 game in the BBA, at second base. In AAA, he batted .207 in 106 games, with 1 home run and an OPS of .491.

"I am very appreciative of what Rabi did for us this year," said McMonigal, "but we have to look for stronger backup options in our infield in terms of their ability to hit the ball, well, out of the infield."

The Yellow Springs Nine announced they have added the following players to their 40-man roster.

1B Balbinder Polamreddy, 24, struggled a bit in his AAA debut, with an OPS of .850 compared to 1.044 for AA in 2055, but he's still a top prospect for the team. His ability to avoid striking out took a hit as well, as he ballooned to 97 Ks, but scouts like what he brings to the table and he's likely to get a chance to take on a DH role for the Nine if he can bring his home run and overall powers numbers back up, either in the spring or early in the 2057 season.

"We really like Balbinder," said McMonigal, "because while his position skills are limited to first base, he's the type of DH who can hit against both lefties and righties, meaning we don't have to platoon him. Plus, though the fans often feel otherwise, Tahir does need some time off now and again. He's one of several strong 1B/DH types in our system right now.

RP Dona Marika. Marika is 27 and a former minor league free agent signing. He's proven his worth with a 2.85 ERA in 55 and a .88 Era in 56, albeit in limited duty thanks to injury. He has a 12-7 record with 18 saves and a k/9 of over 11 in his time with Indianapolis.

"I know that Dona really wants his chance to be in the BBA and I want it to be with the Nine and not via the Rule 5 draft," said McMonigal. "He's earned his opportunity."

SP Luis Abdul-Halim. Abdul-Halim was McMonigal's second-ever draft pick, selected 64th overall in 2053. He's the first of the still-newer GM's picks to make it this far and the first placed on the 40-man roster. In AAA in 56, Abdul-Halim was 8-11 but had an ERA of 3.45, a WHIP of 1.28, and a k/9 of 6.2 against a BB/9 of 2.5. In 180 innings he gave up only 10 home runs. Abdul-Halim has never had a FIP- under 90 in his pitching career, going back to college.

"I was delighted to personally call Luis to inform him he was making the jump to the 40-man roster, with a shot at starting for the Nine in 2057. I couldn't be prouder of this young man. Watching him improve from year to year has been a definite pleasure. I think he has a great future with us and a great future in the league."
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”