GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

Trebro
BBA GM

2056.18 Nine Powers-Up with New Free Agent Signing

Post by Trebro » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:50 pm

Nine Powers-Up with New Free Agent Signing

April 22, 2056

Yellow Springs, OH – The Yellow Springs Nine announced today they have signed former Nine star Bret Powers to a one year, 6.9 million dollar contract to serve as the team's reserve outfielder and primary designated hitter.

Powers played for the Nine from 2043-2050 and was a part of their Heartland dynasty that could not quite win a Brewster. He has a career average of .281 with 284 home runs and 19.9 career WAR. An all-star in 2055 with Charlotte, Powers found himself without a job as the season began until GM Rob McMonigal approached him.

"We are pleased to add someone of Bret's caliber to our team," said McMonigal. He has a history of winning with our organization, and I want these young players to see how winners operate. He's also got a powerful bat and the ability to help us defensively as well, giving Koganti a chance to rest by playing DH instead of left field. Plus Powers can hit lefties, which means we can move Ragheb to a full platoon, where he operates best."

"I am so glad to be reunited with Hunter [Dong-po Thum] and Dave [Lee] here in a Nine uniform," said Powers. I was honestly starting to think maybe I'd need to hang up my cleats. But I have unfinished work to do here in the Brewster. I know I'm not Hall material, but I want to get to 300 home runs. I want to get to 1500 hits. Round that WAR, whatever it means, up to 20 and beyond. Most of all, I want to be on a winning team again. I think the Nine can be that team."

Powers is expected to start in tonight's game against Omaha.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”