GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News - 48.013: Valle Back in The Saddle

Post by RonCo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:50 pm

Off Topic

Three-Time Nebraska Winner is Gunning For #4

April 6, 2048: Yellow Springs – Veteran hurler Carlos Valle stilled even more anxious, fast-beating YS9 fan's hearts last night as he went to the mound and threw six strong innings against the Nashville Bluebirds, which was good enough to earn his first victory this season, and his first since this time last year when a meniscus injury cost him what was eventually all of 2047.

“I had pretty good stuff tonight,” Valle said after the game. “Everything was breaking and I felt like I could put the ball where I wanted to most of the time. I’m still adjusting a bit, I think. But it will come.” The end result was five strikeouts and a scattering of a couple walks and seven hits. Valle gave up one earned run on his way to victory.

“It’s just good to see him throwing easy, you know?” said manager Alberto Sanchez. “The doctors said he should be able to recover fine—it wasn’t his arm that was the problem—but you never know how a guy is going to come off a lost year, and right now I’d say it’s looking pretty good.”

In Valle’s case, “pretty good” rings in at a .073 ERA in his 12 innings pitched. (2.72 FIP). It’s too early to make any real judgements beyond that fact that he looks good right now, and that if this continues it will be bad news for Heartland hitters.

Robert Chenoweth had a pair of homers to pace the offense.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”