GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News - 48.006: McNeill Heads to Class

Post by RonCo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:22 pm

Off Topic

Nine Legend Enrolls at Antioch

January, 2048 – YELLOW SPRINGS: News comes today that longtime Nine legend, and current bench coach Lucas McNeill has decided to go back to school with an intent to achieve a degree in Sports Physiology, enrolling today in nearby Antioch College under an independent study program.

Lucas McNeill, PhD?
“To be honest, I didn’t even know that was a thing until I started talking to people about it,” McNeill said. “Dr. Carmona (the team’s veteran trainer) put me onto it first.”

After a Hall of Fame career, McNeill has impressed those in the organization with the passion he’s brought to the role of bench coach, many suggesting that he could well be a candidate to take over the helm whenever current manager Alberto Sanchez might be finished with the role.

“That’s the farthest thing from my mind right now,” McNeill said. “My real interest is to get into the science of how players grow and develop—not just baseball skills, but pretty much everything. Hand-eye coordination and motor skill development are really fascinating because they match up brain activity and physicality in ways we’re really just starting to understand.”

He went on to talk at length about the role of nutrition, also.

McNeill’s wife, British singing star Miki Manning, was happy for her husband’s newfound fascination. “Lucas has always had that thing around him, you know? It’s what drew me to him. He’s smart and he’s excitable. And once he’s onto something, he’ll just never let go of it. That’s part of what made him so great as a ballplayer. I think it took him a year or two to stop being a baseball player, but now I think he’s figured out where his future lies.”

When asked about whether she had been looking forward to a life with less baseball in it, Manning laughed. “Between Lucas in Yellow Springs and (her adopted son) Sammy ready to play in Nashville, I don't think that's possible now, is it? I’m just glad he didn’t go into broadcasting.”

She had no comments regarding rumors that she was rumored to be the top candidate to play Dolly Parton in a highly anticipated biographical drama.

"Dolly was a great, great singer and a big personality. She made a difference in a lot of people's lives," was all she would say about that.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 9-News - 48.005: McNeill Heads to Class

Post by Dington » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:29 pm

Mikki can enjoy the games in YS because she isn’t allowed in Nashville after last year’s stunt.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:34 pm

Dington wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:29 pm
Mikki can enjoy the games in YS because she isn’t allowed in Nashville after last year’s stunt.
Hard to get too upset when a celebrity does something kind-hearted.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:10 pm

RonCo wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:34 pm
Dington wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:29 pm
Hard to get too upset when a celebrity does something kind-hearted.
Very kind for other Heartland teams.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”