GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 47.017: Duggan Ready to Return

Post by RonCo » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:44 pm

Off Topic

Nine Ponder Assignment to Indy
June 30, 2047: YELLOW SPRINGS – In March, star center fielder Arvin Duggan broke his kneecap sliding into second base during a meaningless spring training game. Seeing that Duggan was probably the only player in the organization for which there wasn’t a “Plan B,” it created the need to make an additional move in which the team swapped a bit of its future for center fielder Arturo Maes—a move that has yielded … well … not much. Maes has posted a tepid .186/.250/.303 line while stealing six bases in nine tries. His glove has been above average, but not by much.

Duggan Biting
At The Bit
That backdrop makes news from the team’s medical staff that Duggan’s knee is nearing full strength and can begin to participate in baseball activities something everyone around the team is getting excited by (presumably everyone but Maes, anyway).

At question is whether the club will assign Duggan directly to the parent club, or assign him to AAA Indy as a rehab. A third “option” is to option him to Indy—a step that is being considered simply to get the team an extra week of time.

“The problem is that the league structure doesn’t allow us to assign a player to rehab until he’s full ready,” said bench coach Lucas McNeill, but the docs want to take another day before they declare Arvin fit.” Given the staff’s disciplined approach, per league structure the team cannot assign Duggan to rehab until July 7th. “We wouldn’t pressure our medical staff to do anything they felt was unethical,” McNeill said when asked if pressure had been applied to accelerate the schedule. Optioning Duggan would get him active earlier, but would use up one of the center fielder’s two remaining options.

Some immediately jumped to conversations around service time manipulation, as the option route would also stop Duggan’s clock for acquiring major league service time. “I think that ship has sailed,” McNeill—who knows a little something about what it’s like to have service time fiddled with. “To cause Arvin to lose a year of free agency would require him to be down there for probably a month or two, and it’s pretty clear we could use him around now.”

“I’m ready to go,” Duggan said. “I don’t care where the team sends me to start with. I’m just tired of sitting on the sideline while there’s baseball to be played.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 9-News: 47.017: Duggan Ready to Return

Post by RonCo » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:51 pm

BREAKING UPDATE: The YS9 front office has now petitioned the commissioner's office to waive the one week waiting period. More news when it becomes available.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 9-News: 47.017: Duggan Ready to Return

Post by Dington » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:42 pm

He’s clearly not needed in YS. Ship him to Nashville.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”