9-News: 46.012: Bourque, Wiser, Lands In Bigs

Post by RonCo » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:03 pm

Off Topic

”you got my heart. You got my soul.
You got the silver you got the gold.
You got the diamonds, from the mine.
Well that's all right.
It'll buy some time."

May 9, 2046: PORTLAND – You might have missed it, or maybe you didn’t. We most certainly didn’t. Today the long and winding tour of one Jerry Bourque made another twist, depositing young right hander Jerry Bourque right there on the mound to debut against Portland. He entered the game in the bottom of the 7th with the team trailing by the 1-0 score they would eventually lose by, and got Ernesto Ramos out of a mini-jam by enticing Jorge Lugo to fly out and Michael Dunn to ground out.

Afterward, though, he seemed to understand the questions he’d be asked weren’t going to be about his four-pitch success story. They were instead, about the $6M he left on the table back in 202 when he was the team’s first round pick. Bourque decided to go back to school then, and eventually found himself the club’s 4th round pick three years later. He eventually signed for $370K.

“That’s a pretty big step down, I suppose,” the 24-year-old right-hander said afterward. “So I guess I understand the question. But I admit it gets a little old.”

First-year manager Alberto Sanchez had stronger words when asked similar questions. “You guys are like vultures,” he said “I’m pretty sure Jerry knows what his bank account says better than you do. So how about we all just be human beings here and just let him bask in the fun part of the game for a while?”

Sanchez himself is also feeling some heat as the team stumbled out of the gate and has had to press the pedal to the metal just to get back into a third=place slot in the always competitive Heartland division, so many people are saying that this probably fueled his surly response.

GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 9-News: 46.012: Bourque, Wiser, Lands In Bigs

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:19 pm

Im sure the conversation with his agent went something like this...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”