GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 46.003: Sanchez Emerges As Managerial Front-runner

Post by RonCo » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:09 pm

Off Topic

Ex-Pitcher Bleeds Nine Red

Nov 20, 2045: YELLOW SPRINGS – Once considered a fire-balling lefty, then, later, riding the organizational rocket into his role as a well-respected pitching coach, Alberto Sanchez is apparently being discussed as the most likely candidate to replace departed manager Sam Brewington. They would be huge shoes to fill, but Sanchez may well be the man who can do the deed. There is likely no one in the Brewster-sphere with a greater understanding of Yellow Springs, anyway.

The club has recently been inclined to promote from within—a process that saw Brewington take over the seat mid-year from Bill Inkster.

129 Career Wins
is 6th as All-Time
YS9 Hurler
“Alberto is a guy we know and who knows us,” said GM Ron Collins in an interview late last week. “We haven’t talked to him about anything yet, and I’m not really ready to release a candidate list yet. But everyone should know I think so very highly of him, and the guys on the team love him. He would do a great job, I’m sure. But we’ll see where the process winds up.”

Front office insiders say the spinning dial has slowed and then fallen, and that Sanchez is the guy. The impediment to announcing the move is a bit of negotiation that would have the team make donations to a child education program Sanchez created two seasons back, and the team’s ability to resolve what would then likely become a game of musical chairs required to fill vacancies as coaches were moved up and down the chain.

Members of the highly vocal Bleed Nine Red fan group were buzzing about the news, several suggesting he was the guy who could carry them over the top. "If noting else," one fan posted, "he can go out there himself and still blow a fastball by someone."

Sanchez pitched for 13 seasons in Yellow Springs before finishing his career with brief stints in three other organizations. He won 20 games for the team back in 2029. Though often over-shadowed by the pairing of Hall of Famer Lawrence Columbus LaLoosh and Jose Chavez, he was an important member of several YS9 teams of that era. He was inducted into the YS9 Hall of Fame in 2038, and has been coaching in the YS9 organization since 2039.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

KJChmura
Ex-GM

Re: 9-News: 46.003: Sanchez Emerges As Managerial Front-runner

Post by KJChmura » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:22 pm

Crazy reading the Sanchez origin story - now manager of the Black Sox.

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: 9-News: 46.003: Sanchez Emerges As Managerial Front-runner

Post by Trebro » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:49 pm

No idea why he stopped managing for the Nine especially since spoiler alert, I'm canning my horrible mgr and taking the popularity hit.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”