GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 45.066: Brewington to Nine: I’d Rather Fish

Post by RonCo » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:47 pm

Off Topic

Manager Wants More Loot

Oct 26, 2045: YELLOW SPRINGS – with management bent over a barrel , manager Sam Brewington has apparently turned the crank one more time. After news saying he was close to a deal that would keep him with YS9 surface earlier this week, reports now saying that Brewington is unhappy with money the team was offering and has declined to sign the deal.

“Sam is willing to Meet the team halfway and take a shorter deal,” send sports right management representatives Hand E. Cash and Me$ha Moni in a hastily released comment. “But there has to be something in it for him. He has some really good fishing time coming up on his calendar, and given everything he's done for this organization and it stands it's clear he needs more than a million reasons to set that aside.”

This news comes on the heels of Yellow Springs rousing sweep of the Twin Cities River Monsters and leaves the team in an awkward position. do they cast aside the most successful manager in team history, and the manager most of the team professes to like, or do they cut bait inlet fish? Given that the team continues to draw record crowds, taking the wrong track could lead to empty nets. If the team were to pull off the miraculous upset and manage to smash the Yellow Springs 9 postseason curse, the pressure to capitulate could be intense.

“We love Sam,” send general manager Ron Collins. “I want the fans to know that we're doing everything in our power to keep him happy, but these things are always dicey conversations with a lot of moving parts. We respect Sam and no he's going to do what is in his own best interests, and will continue to do what is ours. It seems reasonable to think those two things should be able to intersect.”

You can read that however you want to read that, but to me it doesn't sound like a pair of partners who are too close to each other.

In the meantime Edmonton is coming to town.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 9-News: 45.066: Brewington to Nine: I’d Rather Fish

Post by Dington » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:05 pm

RonCo wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:47 pm
Off Topic

Manager Wants More Loot

Oct 26, 2045: YELLOW SPRINGS – with management bent over a barrel , manager Sam Brewington has apparently turned the crank one more time. After news saying he was close to a deal that would keep him with YS9 surface earlier this week, reports now saying that Brewington is unhappy with money the team was offering and has declined to sign the deal.

“Sam is willing to Meet the team halfway and take a shorter deal,” send sports right management representatives Hand E. Cash and Me$ha Moni in a hastily released comment. “But there has to be something in it for him. He has some really good fishing time coming up on his calendar, and given everything he's done for this organization and it stands it's clear he needs more than a million reasons to set that aside.”

This news comes on the heels of Yellow Springs rousing sweep of the Twin Cities River Monsters and leaves the team in an awkward position. do they cast aside the most successful manager in team history, and the manager most of the team professes to like, or do they cut bait inlet fish? Given that the team continues to draw record crowds, taking the wrong track could lead to empty nets. If the team were to pull off the miraculous upset and manage to smash the Yellow Springs 9 postseason curse, the pressure to capitulate could be intense.

“We love Sam,” send general manager Ron Collins. “I want the fans to know that we're doing everything in our power to keep him happy, but these things are always dicey conversations with a lot of moving parts. We respect Sam and no he's going to do what is in his own best interests, and will continue to do what is ours. It seems reasonable to think those two things should be able to intersect.”

You can read that however you want to read that, but to me it doesn't sound like a pair of partners who are too close to each other.

In the meantime Edmonton is coming to town.
He usually starts fishing in October anyway. Might as well make it year-round.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”