9-News: 45.062: Brewington to Remain With Nine?

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 45.062: Brewington to Remain With Nine?

Post by RonCo » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:03 pm

Off Topic

Amid Post-Season Run, Uncertainty

Oct 20, 2045: YELLOW SPRINGS – A day after his team beat the Loserville Sluggers to advance to the Cartwright Cup, and a day before his team takes the field to encounter the Twin Cities River Monsters in said Cup, news from the representatives of manager Sam Brewington say that the team has approached them with interest in retaining Brewington’s services.

Career 381-178
Record Best in
Team History
At 66 years old, some had wondered it the YS9 Hall of Famer might be more interested in hanging it up, but these same reports suggest he’s entertaining the offer.

It could be noted that earlier news has swung wildly between the idea that Brewington wouldn’t accept another contract to the idea that he wanted big dollars for a lot of years. “It’s an old man’s prerogative to change his mind,” Brewington said at one time.

Representatives have said in the past that the issue was money—that after managing the team for several seasons at a skimpy $308K a season, Brewington wouldn’t take less than a respectable salary. The team, who has been feeling heat from fans to make a movement or get off the pot, is rumored to have suggested a short-term deal, perhaps as low as a single season, that would kick the can down the road a bit. Some suggest they might be looking to make Hall of Fame hitting coach Emilio Rodriguez their next manager, but that they worry the shift is too soon. A one-to-two season deal with Brewington might give that idea more time to develop.

“I like Yellow Springs,” Brewington said when asked to comment on negotiations. “But I think it’s better that I keep my eyes on Twin Cities right now. The future will bring what it brings.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 9-News: 45.062: Brewington to Remain With Nine?

Post by Dington » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:24 pm

I mean, Dave Roberts kept his job by finally winning a title...will Brewington follow suit?
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”