GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 45.048: 26-Year-Old Rookie Gets Chance

Post by RonCo » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:09 pm

Off Topic

Clubhouse Fave, Brandao Hits the Bigs?

Luis Brandao
Looking Forward,
Not Back
August 24, 2045: YELLOW SPRINGS – With a roster spot open after the trade of Sergio Perez, it appears 26-year-old first baseman Luis Brandao will get a shot at making a name for himself in the Brewster. The left-handed batter from Bogata Columbia has been paying his dues in AAA Indianapolis for two seasons, and while his results this season haven’t been rip-roaring, the club thinks his past record shows he’ll be a benefit to the club.
“We know he can hit right-handed pitching,” said hitting coach and Hall of Famer Emilio Rodriguez, “and with the roster slot open it will be great to get Robert (current first baseman Robert Chenoweth) a little rest.”

Chenoweth platooned with a combination of Seinosuke Muto and Ricardo Mendoza for the past two seasons, but with Muto released and Mendoza traded, he’s been shouldering the load full time much of the year to date. The Nine currently stand 5.5 games up on division rival Omaha, and news of his arrival made the team happy.

Teammates Enjoy the Moment

“Luis is a guy everyone want to root for,” said shortstop Luis Pena. “He's paid his dues, you know. He comes to spring training upbeat and ready to play, and he’s got a way of putting things that helps take the pressure off in key moments. Everyone’s going to be really thrilled to see him get that first big-league hit.”

AAA manager Kenny Dickinson had some fun with the moment. “I gave him the dead face,” he said, grinning. “You know—that look you give a guy when things are looking a little grave—told him I had a bus ticket for him out of town. You should have seen his face when he saw it said Yellow Springs. The whole clubhouse was in on it. They gave him a big round of applause when he left my office.”

Brandao joined the organization as an 8th-round selection in the 2036 draft process. He spent a total of six seasons with the club’s AA Santa Clara affiliate, blasting 122 homers, including seasons of 38 and 39. His 125 RBI in 2043 netted him the AA Platinum Stick and MVP.

“I’m so happy,” Brandao said during a brief phone interview as he was on the bus to Yellow Springs. “First thing I did was call my mom and let her know. She gave up everything for me, and I wanted to hear her voice when she learned I’d made it up. It's been such a long time coming, you know? I can’t wait to get there. Can't wait to take BP tonight.”

GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 9-News: 45.048: 26-Year-Old Rookie Gets Chance

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:55 pm

Pulling out all the stops in 2045!

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 9-News: 45.048: 26-Year-Old Rookie Gets Chance

Post by RonCo » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:46 am

Update: Brandao was only 5-20 in his debut sim, but walked twice and provided a .348 OBP.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”