GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 45.047: Ramirez Remains Sidelined

Post by RonCo » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:04 pm

Off Topic

Ace Hurler Still on the Mend, Timeline Uncertain

August 24, 2045: YELLOW SPRINGS – The back issues that kept right-hander Tomas Ramirez from finishing his start a couple weeks ago are apparently not much better, a fact that leaves the veteran on the injury list for at least one more week.

“It’s improving,” a despondent Ramirez said yesterday. “But just when I think I’m ready to go something twinges and I can hardly catch my breath.”

Ramirez, who at 26 years of age is currently ranked as the 68th best starter in the world, carries a 52-41 career record in his five seasons with the Nine, posting a career ERA of 4.29—which calculates out to a 109 ERA+. He was placed on the injured list after his August 13th start lasted only three and a third innings, his first time on the list for over a year.

"We're just being careful," said GM Ron Collins. "Tomas is going to have a long and fruitful career, and there's no need to rush him back.

It's worth noting that the pitcher is owed $5.6M next season, the last on his current contract. He came up to the big leagues with a bit of a concern due to a labrum injury he’d suffered in his youth, but has been a fairly steady presence in the rotation despite a few earlier bouts with a balky back.

“He’s going to be fine,” said manager Sam Brewington, who answered only baseball questions today—sidestepping again any inquiry into his actions in the case of Assistant GM Alex Gonzalez, which seems to be gaining steam. “It’s not an elbow or shoulder problem at all, so he just needs a little rest. This is the kind of thing that made the acquisition of Jorge (Garcia) so useful. Tomas is a #2 or #3 kind of pitcher, and it always hurts to miss a guy like that, but our deck is still pretty well stacked. We can just slide him or Josh into the rotation and let things go where they will. We're not sure how long this bout is going to last, but when he gets back we’ll have room for him.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 9-News: 45.047: Ramirez Remains Sidelined

Post by Jwalk100 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Prudent. He has the playoffs to get through. Rest is best!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”