GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 44.031 – Maybury Released

Post by RonCo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:43 pm

Off Topic

Fan Favorite Sees Career End

June 9, 2044: Indianapolis – Word today comes that Callum Maybury, 33, has been released from his minor league contract in Indianapolis, a move that—while it’s still possible that he could catch on with another team—almost certainly will bring his career to a close. Maybury had made news for his quest to capture the All-Time wins list in AAA a few years back. Unfortunately, he lost a season to a torn UCL, and unlike many younger men, he did not return from the operation with anything left in the tank.

Maybury Feted Online
His numbers early this spring: 0-2 in five games started, with a 10.38 ERA.

“It’s a sad day for the organization,” said assistant GM Alex Gonzales about the news. “Callum is well-liked and is a hard worker. We’re sure he’ll have a great life.

The left-handed Auzzie played in Yellow Springs for parts of three seasons, and finished with a 3-5 record, with two saves and a 4.29 ERA. Solid numbers overall, but not at 5’10” and 180 pounds dripping wet, his presence was just never enough to get him over the hump far enough that he could stick with the parent club.

There is some buzz going around that the team could offer him a deal to be a minor coach in the future, but Maybury himself was stoic about the idea. “Right now I just want to go home and be with my wife and kids. This life as a minor league player has taken a lot from them, and I owe them everything I can give them.

As news hit, YS9 fans across the country took time to tip their hats to him, causing #ThumbsUpForCallum to trend across several social media sites.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 9-News: 44.031 – Maybury Released

Post by HoosierVic » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:29 pm

Thumbs up, indeed!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”