GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 43.026 – Throwing Strikes Nets Henson Victory

Post by RonCo » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:36 pm

Off Topic

Lefty Tames Wolves

April 6, 2043: Yellow Springs – It wasn’t like he spun an absolute gem, but rookie left-hander Josh Henson will take it. The Madison Wolves led the game off with a run on a pair of singles and a sacrifice fly. An inning later a pair of two-out singles and a wild pitch scored two more. But Henson settled down to lock out the Wolves from there on, giving the team six solid innings, which was just enough for the bats to come along and give him his first win of the season.

“I was a little nervous, to be honest,” 23-year-old Henson said. “I was just trying to throw strikes.”

And throw strikes he did. The kid struck out 5 and walked none in his six innings of work, and threw strikes on over 70% of his pitches.

“Josh is like that,” said catcher Jesus Rodriguez. “I know he’s always going to be around the plate, and that makes it easy to catch him.”

Henson made six starts with the team at the end of last season, and walked only six batters in over thirty innings. His inclusion in the starting rotation drew some controversy in the later parts of spring training, given that his repertoire is somewhat limited. “I just try to keep guys off balance a little and keep the ball over the plate,” he said. “If that gets me into the rotation, I’m happy with it. If I throw from the bullpen, that’s good to. Sam (manager Sam Brewington) makes the call, I take the ball.”

The offense came primarily in the form of a 5-run sixth inning that featured a lead-off homer from Dong-po Thum and three doubles, the last of which came from Jesus Rodriguez and plated two important insurance runs.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”