GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 42.116 – Costello Apologizes

Post by RonCo » Sun May 24, 2020 5:02 pm

Off Topic

Outfielder Executes Option, Stay with Nine

October 30, 2042: Yellow Springs – After suffering criticism for his brush-off of a reporter following the Nine’s lifeless loss to California, outfielder Luis Costello issued an apology.

“My actions were taken in the heat of an emotional loss,” he said. “I apologize for the injury I caused, and I hope we can put this in the past.”

Costello then proceeded to announce that he was planning to execute the $9M option he held with the team. “I think I can play full time someplace else,” he said. “But this is a really good team, and I want to be part of its future.” Costello has been relegated to a platoon role with the Nine and had been reported to be off-put by the club’s response to his requests to play against right handed pitching.

The veteran will turn 30 years old early next season, and came to Yellow Springs in a mid-season deal two seasons ago that saw Jose Camacho and Michel Noel go to the Tropics.

The news closes the door on the primary source of uncertainty in the club’s off-season and likely means that fellow veteran Grant Lee will see his ties with the club severed. With RHB prospect Bret Powers in the wings, there’s unlikely to be playing time for a third right handed batter in the Nine outfield.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 9-News: 42.116 – Costello Apologizes

Post by jleddy » Sun May 24, 2020 5:57 pm

"Sorry, now please pay me $9M"? Is that really going to fly with the Bleed Nine Red?
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”