9-News: 42.039 – Tyler Gets the Call

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 42.039 – Tyler Gets the Call

Post by RonCo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:22 am

Fans Rankled

The kid from Rockford, Illinois is coming up. That’s the news fans wanted to hear, and today that’s the news they got. The 22-year-old was sent to Indianapolis to start the year, arguably because Dong-po Thum was around. But things heated up after an injury to Juan Lopez resulted in the promotion of Bernardo Sanchez rather than Blaine Tyler. Now that's changed--Tyler and his five homers in two AAA weeks is coming to Yellow Springs.

Savvy fans understood the demarcation, as did Tyler’s representation. Two weeks on the farm set Tyler’s service time so that the team will control an extra season of his career.

“That just BS,” said Kelvin McGuire, a junior agent at TCRZ Sports Consortium, Inc in a social media blast. “How is our guy going to be shown the Quan if he can’t get to free agency on time? This has got to stop. My family has been in the business for a long time, and it just keeps getting worse and worse.”

“You had me at BS,” Tyler’s girlfriend retweeted.

Predictably, fans sided with Tyler but the team was defiant.

“The fans have to chill,” said Jose Cabrera, assistant to GM Ron Collins. He then went on to add a confusing coda. “If there’s anything I’ve learned in my three years here it’s that running a club is tough work. You’ve got a lot of moving parts, and now that I know how it’s done guys like me can see how great this move was. A real GM is always optimizing value. Owners know that. That’s why they’d hire a guy like me rather than your average fan on the street. They know I'd put a great product on the field for as long as I could."

Fans are already going apoplectic on Cabrera and the team as a whole. "They sign McNeill, and that's all good--then they pull this kind of crap," said Melli Pawinski, a paralegal with the Yellow Springs Social Net Collective. "It's all a horrible game gone wrong. The Cabrera calls us all idiots! We see through it, believe me, we do. All this, and not a Landis to show for it!""

Tyler himself was more stoic. “It’s all good,” he said. “Lucas (McNeill) gave me a call this morning and we talked about what he went through. I just want to play ball.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

7teen
BBA GM

Re: 9-News: 42.039 – Tyler Gets the Call

Post by 7teen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:02 pm

This manipulation of service time has to stop!!!

Just don't let Terrence Kelly and Matt Normore know!
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50