9-News: 41.009 – Foster to Make Debut

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 41.009 – Foster to Make Debut

Post by RonCo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:38 am

Legendary Phenom Takes Advantage of Sediki Spasms

The Yellow Springs Nine announced today that the highly anticipated arrival of Rex Foster would happen this week, placing center fielder Abdeljilill Sediki on the disabled list to while away back spasms that have been hampering him the past few days. Luis Costello will be moved to cover center field in the interim, but all the buzz was focused on Foster, a one-time bonus baby draft pick who has quickly terrorized a succession of minor league pitching.

Foster, an abrasive New Yorker (is there any other kind?) struggled in his transition to wooden bats as an 18-year-old rookie leaguer, but caught fire in winter league (.350/.409/.524), and then tore through A-ball, AA, and (again) winter league in 2040, posting a combined 5.9 WAR in 132 games. He started in AAA Indianapolis this season, and posted a solid .288/.344/.508 slash with 4 homers and 9 RBI.

“I can’t wait to see the park,” Foster said. “I figure I’m going to spend a lot of my time there for the next decade or so, so no time like the present.”

The real question at this stage is where Foster will play. He’s primarily a left fielder, but that position is currently occupied by second year player Ricardo Mendoza. There is some thought that Mendoza might well be moved to first base to give Lucas McNeill, who has started slowly, some time to get his act together. Alternatively, one could see either Mendoza or Foster move to right field, and Jose Machado, who continues to slump, taking some time as a 4th outfielder.

“These are hard problems to have,” said manager Bill Inkster. “I’m losing sleep just trying to figure it out.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 9-News: 41.009 – Foster to Make Debut

Post by HoosierVic » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:04 pm

Take advantage of spasms whenever possible is paragraph 47, Section B, sub-section 11, of the Blueprint (TM).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”