9-News: 40.071 – Club Debates Pineda’s Future

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 40.071 – Club Debates Pineda’s Future

Post by RonCo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 am

Left-hander Still Sizzling, Wants to Pitch

Left-handed sensation Carlos Pineda gave up one run in 5 innings at California this week, striking out seven batter and walking only two to nab his 7th victory against no defeats since his call-up in late July.

“I don’t mean any disrespect at all toward Haney (Valencia’s splendid rookie center fielder). We all know he’s going to win the Gillstrom unless a car fall on him somehow,” said Jose Machado, shaking his head after the game, “but the fact is that Pineda is really the guy. I mean, dude’s 7-0 and no one can hit him. Give me a break. All I can say is thank God I don’t have to face him. He'd be enough to get me sent back to (AAA) Indy.”

The team has not lost any game he’s started, including no-decisions against Hawaii and Nashville. In addition to California, he’s also defeated San Fernando, both top-tier Pacific division teams.

Having just turned 21, the world is his enchilada.

Of course, at 21, the team is still worried about pitch count and workload. Team scouts suggest his motion is not one to put undue stress on his arm, but the fact is that he’s now seen 160 innings, 20 more than he’s thrown in his career. With the season in its last three weeks, and a post season run looming, some are suggesting Pineda’s usage should be limited.

Among those not in favor is Pineda himself.

I’m having a great time out there,” he said, “I feel fine. Just give me the ball.”

The team is listening for now. He’s due to make his next start on a normal cycle. We’ll see what happens after that.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Re: 9-News: 40.071 – Club Debates Pineda’s Future

Post by shoeless.db » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:17 pm

He really profiles as another great California Crusader lefty. It would truly be a shame not to let him fulfill his destiny.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”