GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 40.033 – Injury Ward Thins Out

Post by RonCo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Djuretic Returns With Victory
Mendoza to Go on Rehab Assignment

Yellow Springs Nine fans received a solid bonus this week, as veteran lefty Momcilo Djuretic finished his rehab assignment and returned to the big to start against California. He went six innings and gave up three runs, registering his first victory of the season. Afterward, Djuretic—who tore a flexor tendon last season, and who some thought might not be able to even begin pitching until June or July—was ecstatic.

“It was a lot of fun just to be out there competing,” he said. “I can’t tell you how much I missed the guys and the fans. Just the whole thing was great. Besides, I thought my wife was going to toss me out of the house if something didn’t change.”

The lefty, who is better known for his service in relief, came off a rehab stint in Indianapolis, where he appeared in 11 games and threw 25 innings, registering a 2-1 record, a save, and a 2.16 ERA. That manager Bill Inkster wasted no time penciling the Bulgarian into the rotation perhaps speaks to the desperation he might be feeling regarding the never-ending quest for a stable #4 and #5 starter. “Momcilo is a solid pitcher, and we know that in the right spot he can shine at the top of the game as well as in the middle.” He noted, however, that Djuretic would likely find more time out of the bullpen than as a starter, to limit his workload, if nothing else.

DELGADO HAPPY, DESPITE DEMOTION

In the interim, it appears Freddy Delgado has been returned to the bullpen after the team suffered through 4 disastrous starts. The veteran sits at a 7.92 ERA ad has been tagged with an 0-2 record, but is still jovial and easy to talk to.

“I’m making $9M for this and have an option to slop up $3M more next year. What’s to be upset about?” Delgado said. “Even better—when I don’t throw as many pitches I’m not all tired when I get home, so Mrs. Delgado, you know, well, she is a very, very happy lady.”

MENDOZA READY?

More good news sits on the horizon, as rookie outfielder Ricardo Mendoza—out for the past month with a strained oblique—is thought to be days away from being ready to begin baseball activities. The plan appears to be set to send him to Indianapolis for another brief stint.

“It won’t be as long as Momcilo’s was,” said assistant GM Jose Cabrera. “Just long enough to stretch the muscles and make sure everything is working.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”