9-News: 40.022 – LaLoosh to Be Newest HoF Inductee

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 40.022 – LaLoosh to Be Newest HoF Inductee

Post by RonCo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:00 pm

YS9 ANNOUNCES NEW MEMBER TO "CRASH" ITS HALL OF FAME

Longtime Yellow Springs ace Lawrence Columbus LaLoosh may have been pushed aside by the official BBA Hall of Fame, but he recently received a call from the team’s General Manager that came with better news: The recently retired hurler is being inducted into the team’s Hall of Fame.

“It couldn’t be better,” said LaLoosh’s longtime teammate Lucas McNeill. “Crash was at the heart of the team for a lot of years. He had that thing about him, you know, that only a few guys get. When he was on, there was literally no one who could touch him.”

LaLoosh won three Nebraska awards while posting 169 career wins—152 of them as a member of the Nine. He left during the notorious out-swell of superstars the team suffered that led to 2037’s 80-win debacle, signing a big deal with Phoenix in the process, but a torn labrum put him on the shelf, and eventually took his career. “I couldn’t really lift my arm up over my shoulder without pain,” he would later say. He returned to the Nine for a brief stint, but was never the same.

Among team members, LaLoosh stands at second all-time in pitching victories (152) and WAR (52.1) behind teammate Jose Chavez (172/58.4). His 38 starts in 2035 are the most recorded by any Nine pitcher. His name shows up on several of the team’s other leaderboards.

Despite winning those three Nebraska’s, however, his case for the full Hall of Fame is marred by lost time due to injury and the hard-cold fact that he was never able to take his team to a Landis Championship.

INDUCTION SCHEDULED FOR LOSERVILLE SERIES

The team will induct Crash in a three-day weekend celebration that will run from June 8th – June 10th, when the Louisville Sluggers will be in town.

“It just seemed right,” one insider said.

ADDITIONAL HONORS COMING?

There is apparently some consideration being given to retiring his hallowed #20--though some are suggesting that shouldn't be done until teammate Jose Chavez (who is still pitching with Manama in the UMEBA) finally retires and can join Crash in the Nine's Hall. "It was always Crash and Dogface, you know? Number 19 and 20," one anonymous insider said. "If we're going to retire the numbers I think it should be together." If that were to happen, it would represent the first time the Nine have taken such a step.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”