9-News: 40.020 – Series Recap (Vancouver)

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 40.020 – Series Recap (Vancouver)

Post by RonCo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:36 am

YS9 Bats Maul Mounties

The Yellow Springs Nine’s season began with the team hosting a foe from the Pacific division, taking two games from the Vancouver Mounties—the first a slugfest the Nine took 12-10, the second 10-5.

Opening day saw the team weather a tough outing from Carlos Valle, but Ernesto Ramos (1-0) looked sharp out if the #2 hole in game two. On the series, the Nine swung some fearsome lumber, tagging Vancouver pitching to the tune of 22 runs in the two games, which included six innings in which they put up crooked numbers. Going 2-0, of course, leaves them at the top of the Heartland Division.

Manager Mentions: Bill Inkster praised rookie reliever Angel Hernandez after the opening day victory. “It was great to see him step out and give us a strong three innings. The wheels wer falling off as we were driving down the road, and Angel kind of put them back on.”

Fan Blasts: Random comment heard at the exit gate: “I don’t know. It’s hard to get too excited when a team line Vancouver scores fifteen runs in two games off your pitching staff.”

Starter PQS:
Game6+ IPH < IP5K3K => BB0 HRTotal PQS
1Valle000000
2Ramos111104
Off Topic
9-Notes:
Lopez: 5 Hits,
Still not PoG
  • Oft-maligned rookie second baseman Juan Lopez made a statement on opening day, blasting five hits good for three RBI. “I’m just trying to hit the ball when I’m up there,” he said afterward.
  • DH George Robertson picked up where he left off last year, drilling a Grand Slam that set the tone in the second game of the series.
  • Closer Curt Phillips saved both games, raising his career total to 147. He needs 12 more to catch McKinley Washington for #2 on the clubs all-time franchise list.
  • Shortstop Luis Pena gave fans (and the team's pitchers) a scare when he was hit on the wrist by a pitch. Later diagnosed with a bruise, team doctors cleared him to play the next day.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

Re: 9-News: 40.020 – Series Recap (Vancouver)

Post by StormZ_23 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:23 pm

A fun series that inflated the ERA's of my pitchers
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”