9-News: 40.007 – YS9 Reveals New Uniforms

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 40.007 – YS9 Reveals New Uniforms

Post by RonCo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:53 pm

With the team continually stuck in post-season quagmires, the Yellow Springs Front office has apparently decided to start with a clean sheet, and that includes a fresh look. “We love the classic lines of the team’s current uniforms,” said Jeb McConney, Design Director of Flair, Inc., the firm the team hired to create their new approach. “But they were stuck in the past, and we wanted something with a little more … Flair!”

The Nine displayed new uniforms at an open press conference and community luncheon held at City Hall. Afterwards, models wearing the new uniforms went door to door down main street, giving away free swag and advertising the new look. The uniforms retain the traditional “Nine” logo, but add fresh lettering and larger swaths of coloring that includes stronger dashes of actual yellow. The club will wear red on the road, and off-white at home. They’ll receive a new cap on the road, which reverses the red and black paneling, and incorporates that same yellow in the “Nine” logo.

YS9-Uniform-2040-Home-and-Away.PNG
YS9-Uniform-2040-Home-and-Away.PNG (53.84 KiB) Viewed 303 times

When asked if this was an attempt to change the clubs post-season luck, General Manager Ron Collins laughed it off. “No,” he said as he threw a pinch of table salt over his shoulder. “We don’t believe in jinxes.”

“I admit I was reluctant to change things, but everyone around me was certain,” he continued. “They all said it was time we came into the modern world. And looking at the result, I’ve got to say they were right. I think the guys are going to love the new feel and the fans are going to eat the new jersies up.”

If response around the room was any indicator, Collins was right. People left the event buzzing on more than a couple glasses of afternoon champagne.

OLD UNIFORMS NOT COMPLETELY GOING AWAY

Collins noted in his opening comments that the team wasn’t intending to send the current classic uniforms into the mothballs just yet, saying that the Nine would wear them once a month in 2040 as throwback days.

“While these uniforms will be our primary identity going forward, I think our fans will enjoy seeing different looks for a while.”

LITTLE HONORED

Given the recent news of ex-owner John Little’s death, the club scrambled to include a shoulder patch that includes the initials JL in tribute to his time with the club. They will wear this patch on their right shoulder, opposite the standard BBA logo on the left.
YS9-Uniform-Home-2040-Patches.png
YS9-Uniform-Home-2040-Patches.png (7.74 KiB) Viewed 303 times
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

7teen
BBA GM

Re: 9-News: 40.007 – YS9 Reveals New Uniforms

Post by 7teen » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Interesting. I like the road-red personally.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50