9-News: 40.006 – Ex-Nine Owner Found Dead in Hotel Room

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 40.006 – Ex-Nine Owner Found Dead in Hotel Room

Post by RonCo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:40 pm

John Little, a one-time oil magnate and billionaire owner of the Yellow Springs Nine, was found dead in a resort hotel room yesterday, reports the <em>West Palm Beach Record</em>. No details were provided, but police say they are still investigating the incident and at present do not , at present, suspect foul play.

Little, 49 years old, was a self-made man who first came to money in the oil and petroleum business, and who had a reputation for managing the team’s cash with a relatively tight fist. He owned the Nine for several seasons before Selling the team to a conglomerate headed by Hall of Famer Bo Jordan before the 2033 season began. At the time, allegations were flying that he’d been siphoning off profit from a newly competitive team to keep his floundering oil business afloat amid a climate that went deeply sour as renewable sources of energy finally put him out of business. His efforts to avoid spending on the team eventually garnered him the nickname “Chicken Little” among some more vocal fans, and his behavior, in the end, was often erratic to the point that most people around Yellow Springs were please with news of the sale.

Since the time of the sale, his fortunes were reported to have continued to fade as he’s divested himself of more and more of his business assets, leaving some in the financial world to speculate that he was preparing to declare formal bankruptcy.

“I know John had a questionable reputation around the city in those last couple years,” said GM Ron Collins. “And we did go around on money a lot. But I think it’s important to realize that he wanted a winner, and was an important influence on the team while we climbed the ladder. Without his involvement, who knows where we would be right now. I’m deeply saddened to hear of his passing, and wish his family well.”

Current owner, Bo Jordan, released a statement that read: “News of John Little’s passing strikes us hard. The Yellow Springs organization, and the whole city of Yellow Springs is in morning today.”

Final financial reports are not yet in, but early projections are that the Yellow Springs Nine baseball club made something in the range of $11M in profit this season.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 9-News: 40.006 – Ex-Nine Owner Found Dead in Hotel Room

Post by jleddy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Any truth to the rumor that Phillip Watson was last seen in South Florida?
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Joshua Biddle
Ex-GM

Re: 9-News: 40.006 – Ex-Nine Owner Found Dead in Hotel Room

Post by Joshua Biddle » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:02 pm

My heart is broken & my weekend is ruined. :(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”