9-News: 39.056 – Late Errors Gives YS9 Bear Series

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 39.056 – Late Errors Gives YS9 Bear Series

Post by RonCo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:46 am

YS9 fans cheered a late rally that included a key error and a wild pitch to come from behind, beating Pacific Division contender San Fernando 3-1 last night. The Bears were up 1-0 as the tight-fought game entered the bottom of the 7th inning. With two out, a single, a walk, and another single loaded the bases for Dong-po Thum, who scorched a grounder that the shortstop booted, allowing the tying run to score. Rattled, Knud Zeitler uncorked a wild pitch to scorea second. When Lucas McNeill drilled a solo homer in the 8th, the Bear’s doom was set.

“That was a big win for us,” said manager Bill Inkster. “I feel like we’re getting our groove back.”

It left the team 58-47, and gave the team a series victory. More important, it maintained their lead over Twin Cities, who beat Charm City.

“That’s what we want to do,” said McNeill, who had two more hits to go with his homer. “If we take two of three every series. I think we’ll be fine. This was a real team victory--which is the way we kind of roll. Everyone needs to step up if we're going to win."

The outburst made a winner of Adam Barnard, who is now 4-0 since coming to the Nine, though he was touch for a solo homer in the 7th—the first run he’s allowed as a Nine.

The team has a day off, then will host Pacific division contender Valencia for another three-game set.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 9-News: 39.056 – Late Errors Gives YS9 Bear Series

Post by jleddy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:46 pm

The difference between Omaha Barnard and Yellow Springs Barnard is laughable to this point.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 9-News: 39.056 – Late Errors Gives YS9 Bear Series

Post by RonCo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:09 pm

I guess he needed a change in scenery.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”