9-News: 39.020 – What’s Wrong With the Nine?

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 39.020 – What’s Wrong With the Nine?

Post by RonCo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:51 am

Let’s face it, a 7-11 start was not what the doctors orders, and more important, not what the fans expected. Someone has to be held accountable, and most of the folks around town are suggesting they don’t really care so much who as they are interested in methodology.

“Manager? GM? Water boy? Round ‘em all up and let me set ‘em on fire,” said Kal Freedman, the leader of a local fan group. “Draw and quartering’s too good for them. I'm thinking machine guns. Kinves. You know, something painful. We don’t need excuses. When I go to work, if shit hits the fan, somebody commences to firing, you know?”

At issue is the team’s lackadaisical play and the general idea that no one seems to care. The team’s offense has been tepid, the pitching horrible. Defense: code mediocre. Starter Han-lee Kim was retained at the major league level and proceeded to get blasted for three weeks before the team announced his one-way ticket to the waiver wire was being punched. Fellow starter Ernesto Ramos has begun to wear out his welcome with a 5.32 ERA. (“We thought he was supposed to be a phenom,” Freeman said. “Turns out he was a peon.”) Third starter Luis Colon, who had a nice enough rookie and second season, has been a 6.75 ERA doormat, his last outing being a 3+ inning stint where he gave Boise 6 runs and three homers. “You can’t blame to defense for a homer unless you put on the mega-shift,” Freedman said. “And I don’t think the league allows you to post your right fielder behind the fence.”

The team’s base running is shoddy (5 runs down in the category based on those fancy-dancy metrics OOTP is so danged proud of). Its legendary clubhouse acumen is featuring a cantankerous John Ginn and Abdejilill Sediki, who recently got into a shoving match over gummy bears and sunflower seeds—Sediki complaining that Ginn had stole his gummies, and Ginn responding that he was a seed man and didn't play around in the kiddie pool. Fireworks ensued.

In the meantime, the club eeked out a series victory in Boise before taking a three-game dump in Des Moines, losing the match in straight sets, 5-2, 5-4, 6-4 in games where they lost early, lost late, and lost by generally just grinding the sausage all game long.

“We’ll be fine,” said second year manager Bill Inkster, who is certainly being tested in ways he hadn’t been last year. “It’s a long season, and we’ve got great baseball players. It’s time to just let things settle and stew.”

Hmm…. you can almost year Kal Freedman say, I guess boiling could work, too.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

sjshaw
Ex-GM

Re: 9-News: 39.020 – What’s Wrong With the Nine?

Post by sjshaw » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:56 am

High variance
GM, Louisville Sluggers, end of 2038 - current

handaspencer
GBC GM

Re: 9-News: 39.020 – What’s Wrong With the Nine?

Post by handaspencer » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:00 pm

7-11 for the Nine is equivalent to 4-15 for the Blazers. I am still trying to decide who is gonna pay for this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”