9-News: 39.007 – Morrison Joins YS9 Staff

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 39.007 – Morrison Joins YS9 Staff

Post by RonCo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 am

Fred Morrison joined the Yellow Spring front office today, filling the seat vacated by disgraced Assistant GM Phillip Watson. Morrison is 43, and is said to hail from Arvada Colorado. Other than that, information is scarce.

“I come from a long line of guys who didn’t like publicity,” Morrison said as he declined to talk about that part of his upbringing, “so we stayed pretty much out of the limelight.” Some suggest that he spent a good chunk of his youth moving in and around Brazil and Argentina, though school records can’t be found. Other stories say he has roots in France and perhaps has ties in Eastern Europe. When asked about his educational background, he said his degree is in hard knocks, but that “I’m pretty good with numbers and things, and I can generally get along with people.”

YS9 GM Ron Collins, who hasbeen under some pressure to halt a string of somewhat unsuccessful hires in the front office, released a statement that welcomed Morrison to the organization, and indicated that his primary role would be to manage the scouting function of the club, and deal with player acquisition issues. “Our interview process was thorough, and our background check extensive. We’re very happy to have a guy like Fred around, specifically because he’s so good at keeping his nose to the grindstone and staying invisible as he focuses on his work.”

Morrison's contract is for only one season, presumably as a protective measure.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”