9-News: 39.002 – Collins Named GM of the Year

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 39.002 – Collins Named GM of the Year

Post by RonCo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 am

FANS WONDER IF PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR MINDS

In news heard around the globe, YS9 GM Ron Collins was named the Frick League General Manager of the Year. Fans across the city had split reactions, some pondering what devious ploy from Louisville had been unleashed, others breaking out in laughter, and a third camp calling for a recount.

"Have you lost your mind?" Mary Fitsworth, mother of four an conveyor operator at Yellow Springs Recycling said. "Tell me that again and I'm sending you to bed without your dinner."

The Nine won 99 games, and coasted to its third Heartland crown in five seasons, and the official news release from the Brewster offices recounted early season predictions of gloom, the signing of Manager Bill Inkster and key free agents as well as mid-season acquisitions to bolster the bullpen as justification, but fans know better.

“I call shenanigans,” said Kal Freedman, leader of a newly formed fan group who call themselves BNR, which stands for Bleed Nine Red. “The guy can’t get outta bed, better yet outta the Doubleday.” Another fan group blasted social media with queries about whether anyone had seen the Genius and new Louisville GM Stephen Shaw in the same place at the same time, revamping a “#Where’s Louisville-WhoCares” media blitz just in case the Sluggers had anything to do with this. “It’s clearly a ploy to get our front office to sit back and be fat, dumb, and happy,” one member wrote. “Well. They’re already batting .667,” replied another. “And there ain’t no one happy in that office.”

Collins’s victory came from a glut of second place votes, which seems to be classic Yellow Springs style. Valencia GM, who led his team to the playoffs for the first time in a decade and a half, garnered the most first place votes. California’s Ted Schmidt was second at the top, but Collins dominated second best across the league. Consider it the BBA version of losing the popular vote and winning the Electoral College. Of notable absence from the top three was Landis-winning Edmonton GM Chris Robillard, whose club faltered down the home stretch to make the Frontier tighter than it might have been, but faced down the Las Vegas Hustlers to take home the crown.

“Obviously, I’m pleased,” Collins said at a local community outreach dinner. “This is really on all our baseball guys. With the things going on around our front office these days, it’s nice to have something happy to talk about.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 9-News: 38.002 – Collins Named GM of the Year

Post by jleddy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:37 am

Yeesh, the fan bases in Yellow Springs sound pretty spirited, if not extreme.

Congrats, Ron...enjoy the hardware and newfound target on your back!
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 9-News: 38.002 – Collins Named GM of the Year

Post by HoosierVic » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Bah. What do fans know?

Congratulations!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”