9-News: 38.134 – Savage Opts Out

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 38.134 – Savage Opts Out

Post by RonCo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Future Hall of Fame outfielder Alfredo Salazar has informed the YS9 front office that he has decided to become a free agent, opting-out of his contract that would have paid him $12M this coming season.

“I appreciate my time in Yellow Springs, and will certainly entertain offers from the club again,” Salazar said through his representatives, “but after speaking with my wife and kids I think there are greener pastures to be found.”

By greener, we do assume he means greener. At 37, some have speculated that the superstar is going to be looking for a deal that will span several seasons, as he did early in the process last year before agreeing to a shorter, smaller deal with the Nine toward the end of the process. “We’re always looking for a team to take the sucker bet,” one of the agent’s support staff said into an open mic at the end of the statement.

Salazar posted a reinvigorated 3.1 WAR last season, which will certainly mean the Nine will receive a compensatory draft pick, or rather when, he’s signed. “You won’t see a guy like Savage not get a job,” said BBA Weekly] analyst Paula Mears.

Some are wondering if Yellow Springs themselves would enter the bidding or not as their current replacement part, Pat Allen, is a guy wo basically can’t play defense and their center fielder is of no freaking help there either.

“We’re examining all options,” said GM Ron Collins when asked for comment.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”