9-News: 37.003 – Nine Announce New Assistant GM

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 37.003 – Nine Announce New Assistant GM

Post by RonCo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:55 am

Feds To Probe Hiring Process

“I knew Phillip was the guy the minute I saw his resume because I’ve always wanted to be able to jump out of my seat and yell, ‘Come, Watson, the game’s afoot!’.”

That’s how YS9 General Manager Ron Collins announced his new assistant GM, Philip Watson. The unproven 34-year-old from Lowell, North Carolina was hired earlier this week in a deal that will bring him $130K a season for three years. He replaces Jim Pickett, who was often derided for not being good enough with the public, but who also was thrown into the spotlight more often than perhaps he should have been.

“Jim did a great job with setting our processes in place for supporting the community,” Collins said when asked to reflect on Pickett’s time here. “But he had big shoes to fill.” Picket had replaced Howard Dunlap, who had been vocal about wanting to take a bigger role in the front office—as is replacing Collins himself.

Insiders also suggest Collins hired Watson because the kid suggested he might write a book about the process, and Collins liked the idea of being profiled and quoted.

INVESTIGATION INITIATED?

One group that may well be interested in profiling and quoting Collins is the FBI, who are rumored to be considering opening a case regarding the ethics of hiring an employee purely on the basis of his name. 9-News has obtained a leaked letter to the local branch of the bureau which notes there were many strong candidates in the pool, and that none were actually interviewed after Collins saw Watson’s resume.

“He was just sitting back and playing his crappy violin when the resume arrived on his desk,” the letter reads, “after that no one else got a chance.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”